SYNC3 & FordPass

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Hon, I try and keep up with all the new technology. I greatly appreciate what it does to help me make my life better. I try and use all the tech tools I can. I need a little help every now and then and so here I am.

I am trying to understand all the APPS related to my awesome Ranger - Lariat

I have FordPass on my cellphone. Is there another APP I should have to get updates for SYNC3? Are there other APPS I should get to better utilize my truck’s features?

Go ahead and chuckle youngsters, but expect the same, when you’re trying to read three on the tree transmission instructions written in cursive, and you ask me for help.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
From Baltimore?

I have FordPass on my cellphone. Is there another APP I should have to get updates for SYNC3? Are there other APPS I should get to better utilize my truck’s features
The sync3 updates require either a wifi connection (that is, the truck is set up to connect to a wireless network in your house) or a file copied on a USB drive. The app doesn't do that. What the app will do is tell you about service needs, let you check fuel and odo from your sofa, and some random stuff I've never used. (Like finding gas stations.) To access the gas station finding and such, you can find the "apps" button on the radio screen in your truck and hit that--it should connect to the app on the phone. There are some other in-truck apps available like pandora that will let you better control entertainment programs (music, etc) on your phone using the screen in the truck. There are relatively few of those available.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Hon, I try and keep up with all the new technology. I greatly appreciate what it does to help me make my life better. I try and use all the tech tools I can. I need a little help every now and then and so here I am.

I am trying to understand all the APPS related to my awesome Ranger - Lariat

I have FordPass on my cellphone. Is there another APP I should have to get updates for SYNC3? Are there other APPS I should get to better utilize my truck’s features?

Go ahead and chuckle youngsters, but expect the same, when you’re trying to read three on the tree transmission instructions written in cursive, and you ask me for help.

Nope, FordPass, and the Sync 3 system don't have too much integration beyond eachother.

If you're savvy, and have a Google assistant, or Amazon Alexa, you can teach them how to remote start your truck using FordPass, but I have no idea (nor do I care) how to do that.

You should login to the Owner.Ford.Com site, add your ranger, and then check for Sync updates. If there are any, use a flash drive to download them and install. It's as simple as putting the files on the thumb drive, plugging it into your truck, starting it and driving around for an hour or so (driving not required).

Welcome to the 21st century OM :)

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
I use waze app for nav,

OP
OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Nope, FordPass, and the Sync 3 system don't have too much integration beyond eachother.

If you're savvy, and have a Google assistant, or Amazon Alexa, you can teach them how to remote start your truck using FordPass, but I have no idea (nor do I care) how to do that.

You should login to the Owner.Ford.Com site, add your ranger, and then check for Sync updates. If there are any, use a flash drive to download them and install. It's as simple as putting the files on the thumb drive, plugging it into your truck, starting it and driving around for an hour or so (driving not required).

Welcome to the 21st century OM :)
Ok, I’m kinda understanding. Is FordPass connected to Owner.Ford.Com?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Yes, owner.ford.com is where you see all the info about your truck, you can check the vehicle history reports, etc from there as well.

It's where you would get the Sync updates for your car too, and recalls, service notifications, etc.

Keeping in mind, all of this is designed to maximize profits by reminding you to come in for random service that you either don't need, or could do yourself in 5 minutes for free (like check the air filter, lug nuts, check for leaks, etc). Also they remind you of oil changes (way early...).

It's a "nice to have" if you don't mind the feeling like your being milked (in my opinion).

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Owner.ford.com site is a POS
Every time I try to log into the site it goes into an annoying loop and is unusable.
And My Ford Pass Reward points I got from buying my Ranger have disappeared.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Owner.ford.com site is a POS
Every time I try to log into the site it goes into an annoying loop and is unusable.
And My Ford Pass Reward points I got from buying my Ranger have disappeared.
I would agree - the owner.ford.com site is pretty poorly implemented.....
Sponsored