Srgraham1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL STX
Vehicle Showcase
Many likely are aware but you can cut a 2x6 to act as a bed divider for hauling groceries and small items without them rolling all over the bed. Cut my piece at 62" with 2" chamfers but check your measures since I have a bed liner and ymmv. Sorry pic is cloudy, this just makes daily use of the bed much more enjoyable for me. Can develop a rattle since the 2x6 width fits a bit sloppy.

There are also shelf pockets built into the bed should you want to divide the bed horizontally too. I did not opt for this at this time but may build a shelf to store in the garage for future hauls that would benefit from this config.

20190812_182517.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
The main reason I put a Bed Extender on was for it to provide a corral to hold things from sliding too far out of reach. I had one in my Sport Trac and found I really liked it's usefulness.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The main reason I put a Bed Extender on was for it to provide a corral to hold things from sliding too far out of reach. I had one in my Sport Trac and found I really liked it's usefulness.
Hi Bob,

Yep...me too...never use my bed extender to extend but it has trapped groceries near the tailgate nicely.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I do use my bed extender for work purposes but I always flip it in so I can use it to hold stuff too. I was lucky that my extender from my Tacoma fit the Ranger. It would've been nice to just use the factory mounting holes but all I had to do was drill 3 small holes for the mounting brackets and peel the Toyota sticker off it. Was well worth the $270 savings.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I do use my bed extender for work purposes but I always flip it in so I can use it to hold stuff too. I was lucky that my extender from my Tacoma fit the Ranger. It would've been nice to just use the factory mounting holes but all I had to do was drill 3 small holes for the mounting brackets and peel the Toyota sticker off it. Was well worth the $270 savings.
I wished extender from the Trac was useable on my Ranger. I liked the shape, mounting and look of the Trac extender better than the Ranger style. Plus, I had some custom brackets that allowed me to secure the extender in a vertical position when carrying items that fit inside the with the tailgate up yet not allow the extender to lay flat inside.