Peter Sundström

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Hello,
I just ordered a wildtrack 2019 but I have never tried any and think of some things hoping the forum can help me.

1 How does the cabin experience noise compared to a regular car?

2 Do you have any thoughts on how to upgrade the speakers in the car, is there any kit from Ford?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Peter,

The good news on question 2 is there are many folks that have replaced their speakers with aftermarket speakers. I recommend you use the search function to locate relevant threads on this topic.

As for question 1, I think most folks on this forum do not know much about the ROW (Rest of the World) Ranger, including me, so this is a difficult question to answer. I do not have any idea what sort of sound package was developed for the Wildtrack, but I had opportunity last year when in Australia and New Zealand for two months to chat with Wildtrack owners and they gave the truck very positive comments on how non truck and more car like the Wildtrack is. Hope this gives you some encouragement for your new truck.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
The American version Ranger is very quiet IMO. For perspective, I came from a Wrangler which is about as road noisy as it gets. I would recommend driving your vehicle for a while without making modifications. It takes a while to get used to the nuances in any new vehicle. I held back a year from making any mods on my Jeep. In the end I was at my third audio system. The US B&O sound system in upper trim levels is as good as the third system (pioneer NEX) I moved to in the Jeep.
Sponsored