First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Meh that can't be me haha... nah, I try to think of myself as not being overly aggressive, but I do drive assertive :)

Was nice talking to you Jeff!
Same here Sir,
Thanks very much for the info!
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Meh that can't be me haha... nah, I try to think of myself as not being overly aggressive, but I do drive assertive :)

Was nice talking to you Jeff!
Ditto that sir, mahalo for the information:clap:

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I shouldn't have said that I barely see any Rangers.. for some reason I see more and more of them lately lol

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cutter Ford, yesterday about 1300 hours, finalizing deposit on my 2020 SuperCab special order
2019 Saber SuperCrew on the showroom floor
Four lot attendants (they were too clean to be mechanics) attempting to install a very $ looking rack system onto the bed.
Rack system appears to have more parts than London Bridge, it's a Thule.
Half hour into the install, sales manager tells them truck was already sold and to remove whatever components they had accomplished to attach.
Shouting match ensues between 4 guys and manager, neither parties back down
Purchaser of truck appears on the floor and joins in the frey, complaining why it is taking so long for them to move the vehicle off the floor and for him to be on his merry way
Comical, yet I still made the deposit

808_Ranger

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Cutter Ford, yesterday about 1300 hours, finalizing deposit on my 2020 SuperCab special order
2019 Saber SuperCrew on the showroom floor
Four lot attendants (they were too clean to be mechanics) attempting to install a very $ looking rack system onto the bed.
Rack system appears to have more parts than London Bridge, it's a Thule.
Half hour into the install, sales manager tells them truck was already sold and to remove whatever components they had accomplished to attach.
Shouting match ensues between 4 guys and manager, neither parties back down
Purchaser of truck appears on the floor and joins in the frey, complaining why it is taking so long for them to move the vehicle off the floor and for him to be on his merry way
Comical, yet I still made the deposit
Mean. I was just there last Friday checking it out.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mean. I was just there last Friday checking it out.
The guys installing the rack pissed because no one told them the truck had been sold and because it had taken them half hour to install what they already had. They were no wheres close to completing the install.
Salesman with me was unfazed, must be kinda common there....

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Aloha, great to see a few Owners here. I work at the base on Kbay and have seen at least 5 Rangers there including mine and one has the same grill as mine so that was nice to see.

Reactions: Doc

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Being a Tacoma state I don’t expect much rangers rolling out
Watched a few YouTube videos on Ranger comparos, in 2 of the vids the testers criticized the Rangers ride/handling characteristics saying the front suspension had a tendency to float and wallow.
One of the testers claimed that he almost got motion sickness as a passenger.
This does not sway my commitment to my 2020 on order, I am a dyed in the wool Ford man when it comes to trucks.
What's been your guys experiences regarding ride quality?

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Watched a few YouTube videos on Ranger comparos, in 2 of the vids the testers criticized the Rangers ride/handling characteristics saying the front suspension had a tendency to float and wallow.
One of the testers claimed that he almost got motion sickness as a passenger.
This does not sway my commitment to my 2020 on order, I am a dyed in the wool Ford man when it comes to trucks.
What's been your guys experiences regarding ride quality?
I think that is one thing to keep in mind is that the reviews may not always be as truthful as they may want you to believe they are. The thing is, when I lived in Europe, i worked for about 6 years for IVECO Benelux, the importer of IVECO trucks and buses in Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg. One thing I remember about car reviews that they had issues with is, because unless they paid reviewers, they would either not be mentioned in reviews, or would usually come out worse than their competitors, despite winning various prices for truck of the year, van of the year etc.

That all said, I did read several reviews say similar things, and I don't really agree with what they say. They only thing I do notice is that, on the H1 around Pearl City, if I drive 65ish MPH that it does seem to wallow a bit, but really, just look at the state of that road, if I drive slower it's usually not an issue. On better roads, like H2 or H3, it usually isn't an issue at all. I personally love how it drives, I came out of a '16 Explorer before this and honestly like the Ranger better.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think that is one thing to keep in mind is that the reviews may not always be as truthful as they may want you to believe they are. The thing is, when I lived in Europe, i worked for about 6 years for IVECO Benelux, the importer of IVECO trucks and buses in Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg. One thing I remember about car reviews that they had issues with is, because unless they paid reviewers, they would either not be mentioned in reviews, or would usually come out worse than their competitors, despite winning various prices for truck of the year, van of the year etc.

That all said, I did read several reviews say similar things, and I don't really agree with what they say. They only thing I do notice is that, on the H1 around Pearl City, if I drive 65ish MPH that it does seem to wallow a bit, but really, just look at the state of that road, if I drive slower it's usually not an issue. On better roads, like H2 or H3, it usually isn't an issue at all. I personally love how it drives, I came out of a '16 Explorer before this and honestly like the Ranger better.

Hope this helps a bit :)
Thanks Svache for the candid response,
Being a pessimist at heart,I do take such reviews with a grain of salt.
Like I said, I am committed to Fords, this will be my 4th. P/U, 2 F series (both new) and 2 Rangers (1 used & 1 new)
At the start of my career with HFD, I was a mechanic in the maintenance shop, I worked on the trucks and other vehicles/equipment for 4 years.
We had 3 service trucks, essentially 3/4 ton pickups with a utility bed, a Ford, Chevy and Dodge, all were gas engines and late eighties models.
Everybody preferred the Ford because it was the only vehicle which had A/C, but it was a DOG power wise. Sure the 351W sounded hefty but it was anything but, the one thing it had going for it is that the suspension could handle the loads and then some.
The Chevy (350) was the most powerful but the suspension would wallow and bottom out when stressed.
The Dodge (360) did neither well,.we nicknamed it the "Penalty Box"... :crackup:

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
More Tacos on the road means more food for our Rangers
WEST SIDE....nah nah nah just glad to see some hawaii owners. It does get a bit lonely being such a minority in midsized trucks.
I've got a red one...or is it orange? Idk all my friends say its orange and my fam says its red
So far I've only seen lariats in kapolei side 1 red 1 black and 2 whites. And I been seeing a blue stx and sabre on the H1 westbout traffic. Since I'm on this forum I now feel obligated to wave down every Ranger I see unless you see me first

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
More Tacos on the road means more food for our Rangers
WEST SIDE....nah nah nah just glad to see some hawaii owners. It does get a bit lonely being such a minority in midsized trucks.
I've got a red one...or is it orange? Idk all my friends say its orange and my fam says its red
So far I've only seen lariats in kapolei side 1 red 1 black and 2 whites. And I been seeing a blue stx and sabre on the H1 westbout traffic. Since I'm on this forum I now feel obligated to wave down every Ranger I see unless you see me first
Howzit Daven,
There are way too many late model Taco's on the road here to the point where I don't want one at all. I drove a friends 2018 on the Big Island for a couple of weeks but just could not get comfortable in it. Maybe it was the interior color/appointments, but the truck made me claustrophobic.
With luck I should have my 2020 Lariat SuperCab 4x2 with the FX2 package in "Rapid Red Tri-Coat metallic" by Feb-March 2020. It should be the first of it's color on the road here in HN, the order was placed 2 weeks ago at Cutter Ford.
I purposely waited until the 2020 model order info became available with hopes that Ford would introduce a dark blue, no such luck. I've nicknamed the Lightening Blue as " Buk Buk Blue" (no offense Lightening guys, keep your shirt on)!
Red Hot Pepper was my first 2019 color choice, my family says I am going through mid life crisis in wanting that or the new color...
How's nicknaming the Rapid Red as "Respecio Red"?
:crazy:

Last edited:

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yeah honestly I wanted a deeper red but with the changing light angles and such it's slowly becoming my favorite kind of red haha. I wish I could've waited for the 2020's new colors but I was in dire need of a vehicle since I crashed my daily and the project wip is......not legal

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah honestly I wanted a deeper red but with the changing light angles and such it's slowly becoming my favorite kind of red haha. I wish I could've waited for the 2020's new colors but I was in dire need of a vehicle since I crashed my daily and the project wip is......not legal
Even the Dark Wegdewood Blue on my 2000 Ranger changes hue depending on the light, sometimes it would look purple!
Excellent choice in the Ranger, would you believe I know of 2 people here locally in which GM had to buy their Chevy Colorado's back under the lemon law because of the exact same transmission issues? "Like a Rock" Chevy? yeah a dead rock on the side of the road.
My younger brother bought a 2019 Ridgeline in June, he loves it ( so does Consumer Reports). It's styling turns me off, looks like a odd cross between an '80's Dodge Dakota and a new Accord.
Sponsored