What is the relationship of Ford dealers with Quick Lane?

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am wondering about the Quick Lane relationship with Ford Service. I had an incident where the dealer would not install a spacer but they sent me to Quick Lane on the property where I scheduled it. Is QL a subsidy of Ford and can one call that Genuine Ford Service.

My QL advisor told me they install spacer lifts for the stock vehicles. I know someone who had Ford do the spacer install. Perhaps no quick Lane there?

BTW the Quick Lane advisor told me they don't yet have the alignment software for the Ranger so I am waiting to install.
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I would say there is no ā€œFordā€ relationship. Just somewhere they send trucks for modifications they are not allowed or willing to do. For safety and insurance reasons a lot of dealers are not willing to take the risk on liability.

see below. Turns out Ford does own them. News to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I would say there is no ā€œFordā€ relationship. Just somewhere they send trucks for modifications they are not allowed or willing to do. For safety and insurance reasons a lot of dealers are not willing to take the risk on liability.
The Quick Lane here is on Ford's dealer property and owned by Beach Ford. The dealership has them do all the mods on unsold trucks.

Quick Lane Tire and Auto Center is a global automotive chain that provides oil changes, tire rotation, multi-point inspections and other express services. Currently headquartered in Dearborn, MI, Quick Lane is owned by Ford Motor Company, there are 825 locations as of February 2018.[1] Some stores are stand-alone operations or some are attached to the dealership. Quick Lane is designed for dealers to pick up additional work to replace deceased warranty work.[2] Quick Lane offers routine vehicle auto services including oil and filter changes, light repair services such as brake repairs and tire replacement.[3]

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I can't understand how the truck is out almost a year and in Australia a few years and Ford doesn't have alignment software?
A Ford dealer did my 2.5" RC lift and no issues with no steering pull to left or right, tracks perfectly, no shaking, no tire wear etc. It's perfect!
Somehow this Ford dealer had the correct specs. They have done a number of lifts. There were two new Rangers for sale with the RC lift installed.
You have 4x4 shops doing lifts and alignment and no big issue here.
A Ford dealer not being able to do an alignment on a Ranger doesn't make sense.
If you got in a front end accident and brought it to Ford collision 6 months ago. Would the Ranger still be there because they can't do a wheel alignment?

Last edited:
OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I can't understand how the truck is out almost a year and in Australia a few years and Ford doesn't have alignment software?
A Ford dealer did my 2.5" RC lift and no issues with no steering pull to left or right, tracks perfectly, no shaking, no tire wear etc. It's perfect!
Somehow this Ford dealer had the correct specs. They have done a number of lifts. There were two new Rangers for sale with the RC lift installed.
You have 4x4 shops doing lifts and alignment and no big issue here.
A Ford dealer not being able to do an alignment on a Ranger doesn't make sense.
If you got in a front end accident and brought it to Ford collision 6 months ago. Would the Ranger still be there because they can't do a wheel alignment?
All I know is what they say. Not gonna argue with them. There is no benefit to them to lie. In fact, they were more disappointed they couldn't help than I was.. I'm not in any hurry. That's why I don't bug them except once every two weeks/

I am happier they didn't just do it and let me go for the money,,, They want to do it right ...so I respect that and will wait.

SoCalT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCrew
"I can't understand how the truck is out almost a year and in Australia a few years and Ford doesn't have alignment software?"

I really doubt it is a Ford issue. Ford does not provide the alignment equipment, the dealer buys that on their own. Most likely the alignment rack manufacture has not updated their data yet or the dealer service manager hasn't bought the software update.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
Quicklane in 100% Ford, and owned by the dealer in that primary market. the rules of repair are decided by the dealer, not Ford, even though Ford does suggest certain guidelines. Quicklane can be either stand alone or part of the existing dealership. Quicklane can perform all of the same repairs as the main shop, but the business model suggests that repair are kept to under 4hours.
Sponsored