Smooth Braking/Brake modulation

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew
I have had the clunk/bang into drive before a couple of times too. Thanks for posting your experience with the dealership.
Sponsored

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
I've been keeping an eye on my truck's shifting behavior when stopping and noticed it doesnt shift down into 1st until the last minute. I'm able to smooth brake fairly easily due to this.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I've been keeping an eye on my truck's shifting behavior when stopping and noticed it doesnt shift down into 1st until the last minute. I'm able to smooth brake fairly easily due to this.
yup...no issue with smooth braking.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
The "Still learning" excuse sounds like bullshit to me. What happens when you change the battery, does it have to re-learn for another 5000 miles? My truck has 14K miles on it now, and it shifted like a bucking bronco until they did the TSB... I think there's likely a software fix for yours that your dealer is trying to wait you out of.

I'd keep complaining, tell them you don't feel like it's safe (it's really not if it's behaving like that). There's a lawsuit currently for the F150 describing loss of power, inconsistent power, slipping, clunking, etc.

I would also put in a call to Ford Corporate Customer Care as things have a tendency to move along once they get involved.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Mine is very smooth when I stop, I watched the gear shift down, and feel nothing.. I am just over 700 miles on mine.
Sponsored