Wow... never noticed that before

Tim Randall

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
That doesn't excuse paint issues on a $40K truck or $25K truck. Let's not even go to panel fit. :)
This is where the Tacoma shines.
I agree the panel fit on my 2019 Lariat Sucks! Looks like it was ‘’ BUILT ON A FRIDAY”

Easy fix, just shouldn’t happen in this day and edge (especially when the intention was to bring the Ranger back to the USA and compete with the Tacoma ((that is known for its quality fit/finish)
Sponsored

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Gave the truck a serious once-over when I picked it up...the paint passed with flying colors. No chunks and no noticeable peel.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
Thread for those things not immediately noticed....

From the defect category

3 very small bits of garbage in the paint by the driver's mirror

20190802_072752.jpg

From the non-defect category

20190802_071843.jpg

Pretty cool, not sure how I missed this for this long.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I had that problem and it has taken me from February till next week to get it addressed. I am to take my ranger to fords body shop and they are suppose to fix it.
The factory paint jobs on the 2019 are crap. Too much contamination in the process.

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
I had that problem and it has taken me from February till next week to get it addressed. I am to take my ranger to fords body shop and they are suppose to fix it.
The factory paint jobs on the 2019 are crap. Too much contamination in the process.
Hmmm, mine is perfect so not all 2019's

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I found a tiny spot on my driver door. Ive gone over it with my flex light but cant tell if its a tiny ding or a paint blemish. Would it be worth taking it to Ford and showing them or should I have a PDR guy look at it? It’s annoying me.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I got a little hail today. Pretty small for the most part, but a few larger stones fell. I found a very tiny dent on the hood in the body line and on top of the cab in a corner hard point. It's a lease and your allowed up to 3 minor dents per panel so I don't know if it's worth fixing. I'll have to look closer in better light. We get so much hail here I hate to mess with it now because there's a good chance it'll get hit again and then I'll worry about it. My '16 F150 had $8700 worth of hail damage after being hit with some tennis ball sized stones last year. It was in the body shop 20 days. I hope that doesn't happen again for a long time. Wreaked a lot of stuff.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Look at the area above your door handles (front doors on scab). Both sides the door skins are wrinkled. Harder to see in sun (platinum white)but when in my garage with LED lights both sides stick out like a sore thumb. I saw another at the dealer that way also.

CoMtnRanger

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger STX Supercab 4X4, 3" lift
Occupation
Engineer
I got hail damage on my truck right after I got it. Not terrible though so I took the $600 insurance check and bought some goodies for my motorcycle. I’m a firm believe in “it’s just a truck” it won’t perform any different if it has a few small dents that are hard to see anyway. Plan on having it for 20+ years
Agreed 100% (plus using the money for motorcycle farkles!). It's a truck, I find it amazing that people buy a utility vehicle and never actually use it as such. My neighbor has an F-150 that's 10 years old and it has never seen anything in the bed other than snow and leaves from the environment, it's never pulled a trailer, and he said he's used 4-wheel drive twice on icy streets.

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
If you have power folding side mirrors and do not plan on doing the automatic power folding mirror mod...

Did you know you can have the mirrors return to operating position when you start the car with just 1 extra step?

1. With the truck running or off but still with ACC power press the button and fold the mirrors inward.
2. open the door to kill acc power.
3. press the mirror fold button again, with power off, as you exit the truck.
4. When you return and start your truck the mirrors will automatically fold open to operating position. Apparently the mirror module remembers the last button push, even with power off.

This saves you from forgetting to put your mirrors out when start out in reverse, then look at the mirrors and realize they are folded in.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Heard car companies added this logo in windshield to get return business. On a Jeep it increase replacement glass sales a lot for dealerships.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Look at the area above your door handles (front doors on scab). Both sides the door skins are wrinkled. Harder to see in sun (platinum white)but when in my garage with LED lights both sides stick out like a sore thumb. I saw another at the dealer that way also.
No issues. Straight as an arrow.
Sponsored