local Ranger sales

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
My local dealer has sold exactly 2 Rangers and ordered a total of 3.
They ordered one loaded Lariat Supercrew 4X4 for stock, back in Oct 2018, It came in in April.It is still sitting in the same spot on the front of the lot.
The other two were customer orders, My 2wd STX Supercab, and an HPR Supercrew.
The HPR is the only other Ranger I have seen in traffic ever except one in Florida back in February.
The larger suburban dealers seem to sell all they can get, but I just haven't seen them where I live.
It seems odd, I live in a rural community of about 12,000 next to an interstate. I still have one of only 2 Rangers in the wild around here.
Mine being a Supercab, I feel like I have a one off custom truck!
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
I assume by the type of community you live in the F150 would be the biggest seller and more along the needs of the Pickup Truck owners.

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume by the type of community you live in the F150 would be the biggest seller and more along the needs of the Pickup Truck owners.
It is true that the F150 is the best seller, but the Ranger is much more along the needs of this Pickup Truck owner.:D
You are right ,and Ford has aggressively marketed the Ranger as a metrosexual weekend boytoy, instead of a real truck in a manageable sized package (which it truly is)
Surely in reality it can't just come down to the size of an urban parking spot.
On the other hand the rural dealers have been the last to receive the Rangers they ordered for stock.
Overall it looks like the Ranger will sell very well across the country and rural sales will likely increase as people begin to see them for what they are.

Last edited:

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I have seen one other Ranger locally. I kinda hope Ford keeps incentives low and sells 75k-100k Rangers per year. It will keep our resale up and not cut into F-150 sales. I like having a truck nobody else has. For what it's worth, I only saw one of the new Silverado 1500's up until about the last month. Chevy is advertising 20% off, plus dealer discounts and now I'm seeing them quite a bit. They have been out for about 1 year...... I hope Ford doesn't devalue the Ranger like this. Keep it a low volume high profit truck!!

Last edited:

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
As long as Rangers are priced within a few thousand of F150s and get about the same FE as the 2.7 F150, they will be low volume sellers.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
As long as Rangers are priced within a few thousand of F150s and get about the same FE as the 2.7 F150, they will be low volume sellers.
I disagree - even if the F-150 2.7 got BETTER mileage than the Ranger I still wouldn't consider it. It is just too big for me. I don't think I'm unique.

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I disagree - even if the F-150 2.7 got BETTER mileage than the Ranger I still wouldn't consider it. It is just too big for me. I don't think I'm unique.
You are unique in the eyes of a loving God,:angel:
But on this issue you are not unique. I agree with you.:like:
I have to be very careful if I decide to park in my 2-car garage next to my TC.
About 4" at the back leaves just enough room to get by the front to the service door, which then can only be partially opened. It would be literally impossible to park an F-150 Supercab in the same bay width or length, or maybe even height.
I can still carry the same load,the same passengers, and tow anything I am ever likely to need to.
Love the Ranger , but even it strains my parameters.
I love the F-150, but my world is just too small to accommodate it, and the Ranger is a better value for my money.:like:

Claudess

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I’m a rural new Ranger owner and have only seen 3 others.
But feel like it’s a very useful rural vehicle.

It’s much better off-road than the F150 or SuperDuty. Narrower, better approach and departure angles, much better turning radious for switch backs, and better traction system. My F250 can’t make all the mountain dirt road switch back turns without backing up. The Ranger does them all easily.

It zips around like a car but hauls almost as much as the bigger trucks.

Parks so much easier than the bigger trucks.

Tows everything but the heaviest loads.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I too disagree./ I could have bought an F150 Lariat for less money LOL. These are two completely different vehicles. No where is that statement more true as when one tries to park publically or fit in the garage.Truck is too big for ALL of those who bought a Ranger for more $$$ than an F150. Otherwise many would have blown $40k on a heavily discounted F150 instead of buying the smaller Ranger.

Last edited:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I too disagree./ I could have bought an F150 Lariat for less money LOL. These are two completely different vehicles. No where is that statement more true as when one tries to park publically or fit in the garage.Truck is too big for ALL of those who bought a Ranger for more than an F150. Otherwise many would have blown $40k on a heavily discounted F150 instead of buying the smaller Ranger.
An F-150 no longer fits in my garage. The Ranger is a very comfortable fit in my garage and it towed my 4000 pound boat effortlessly. They are very different trucks and I am ordering a 2020 Ranger.

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
My local dealer has sold exactly 2 Rangers and ordered a total of 3.
They ordered one loaded Lariat Supercrew 4X4 for stock, back in Oct 2018, It came in in April.It is still sitting in the same spot on the front of the lot.
The other two were customer orders, My 2wd STX Supercab, and an HPR Supercrew.
The HPR is the only other Ranger I have seen in traffic ever except one in Florida back in February.
The larger suburban dealers seem to sell all they can get, but I just haven't seen them where I live.
It seems odd, I live in a rural community of about 12,000 next to an interstate. I still have one of only 2 Rangers in the wild around here.
Mine being a Supercab, I feel like I have a one off custom truck!
@Floyd , just wondering, in your area (I assume rural Illinois from your sig), are there also not may Tacomas, Colorados, or other mid-sized trucks? Those, especially Tacomas, are also aimed at the "lifestyle truck" market. If you see lots of those but not many Rangers, maybe a lot of folks just don't know about it yet. Even in the city, most people who see our truck didn't know the Ranger is back. Maybe the advertising has been a little too targeted?

oldlog42

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I will be getting either The Ford Ranger or a Toyota Tacoma shortly . I love both so it all comes down to the best deal I can get.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
My 2017 2.7TT F-150 absolutely got better mileage than my Ranger does. It also was faster and more powerful. However, it didn't make sense for me overall and the Ranger does due to wants versus needs. Thus, I went with the Ranger instead and still don't regret the decision.

dallas121469

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sonographer
I’m a rural new Ranger owner and have only seen 3 others.
But feel like it’s a very useful rural vehicle.

It’s much better off-road than the F150 or SuperDuty. Narrower, better approach and departure angles, much better turning radious for switch backs, and better traction system. My F250 can’t make all the mountain dirt road switch back turns without backing up. The Ranger does them all easily.

It zips around like a car but hauls almost as much as the bigger trucks.

Parks so much easier than the bigger trucks.

Tows everything but the heaviest loads.
We usually use my dads Tundra for hunting season in Idaho but last week we took the Ranger instead. Not only did it fit better on the trails but I was able to turn around in a spot so small my dad didn't think it was possible. We also smacked his hitch on the ground in a ditch due to the horrible departure angle of the Tundra. I think once people realize how capable these trucks are on the trails they will give Tacos a run for their money.
Sponsored