BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I just compared my physical window sticker to the one retrieved while it was being built, and the physical one (the one that came on the truck) did not have anything outside of the green border that appears on the PDFs that I downloaded, which means the blend date does not appear on the physical window sticker. It does, however appear on the sticker in the drivers door jamb:
DoorJambSticker.jpg
D'oh! I forgot about that sticker...haven't even looked at mine yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just compared my physical window sticker to the one retrieved while it was being built, and the physical one (the one that came on the truck) did not have anything outside of the green border that appears on the PDFs that I downloaded, which means the blend date does not appear on the physical window sticker. It does, however appear on the sticker in the drivers door jamb:
DoorJambSticker.jpg
So if I got this wright, we were born on the same day?

DSCN7895.JPG

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
So if I got this wright, we were born on the same day?

DSCN7895.JPG
Nope....ignore the first 3 and last 4 numbers for the build date. Yours is 3/29/19 and his is 3/16/19.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Nope....ignore the first 3 and last 4 numbers for the build date. Yours is 3/29/19 and his is 3/16/19.
Yep, ours were born close together, but not the same day.

1medic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew
I did not order my truck. It was located at an out of town dealer that my dealer picked up for me.
Am I correct in assuming that this truck was an individual that ordered & walked away? And the build date was 3/22/19?
Just trying to figure it all out.
Thanks.

RSCN7884.JPG
It does not always mean "an individual that ordered & walked away?". Some dealers will also do fake orders to add desirable packaged vehicles to their inventory as well. Not something to worry about anyway as long as it's the truck you want.

OP
OP
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Got it now. Don't know how all those #'s work or what they mean.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It does not always mean "an individual that ordered & walked away?". Some dealers will also do fake orders to add desirable packaged vehicles to their inventory as well. Not something to worry about anyway as long as it's the truck you want.
I thought the ROVP program was intended to prevent dealers from doing that?

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I'm fairly certain dealers here in HI do this. Either that, or they advertise their special orders to the public, only to tell them no when people inquire and then try to sell them another vehicle.

Just checked my blend date, it's February 28 of this year, shows how long it can take for a vehicle to get into Hawaii, it only arrived on the island on June 4th (new vehicles usually get held up in CA at some station, to undergo all kinds of inspections before it is allowed to ship to us.. similar thing happened to my special order BMW, which took 3 months to get here). The price we pay to live in paradise lol

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
My special order has no "blend date" at the top...
Just checked my physical window sticker for my 'special order', and it's not on mine either.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked my physical window sticker for my 'special order', and it's not on mine either.
It only appears to be on the electronically generated window sticker, not the physical ones. If you have your truck, you can find the blend date on the door jamb sticker at the bottom.

1medic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew
ROVP was for pre orders (not currently done). However there is no difference with a dealer special ordering with a fake customer and saying "they" didn't want it vs a real customer and having the customer walk away from it after the special order is built. In the end does it really matter? No.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
ROVP was for pre orders (not currently done). However there is no difference with a dealer special ordering with a fake customer and saying "they" didn't want it vs a real customer and having the customer walk away from it after the special order is built. In the end does it really matter? No.
True. I thought they were still doing ROVP, but maybe I'm mistaken.

OP
OP
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You are wright. No it does not matter. If someone did walk or if dealer did special order. It's mine now. Almost exactly the way I would have ordered it. Just one extra item. It's still a win win & I did not have to wait 2 months.:like:

electryon

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger Daytona 392
Yes, your truck is scheduled to be built in 3 days.
That truck has been delivered to the dealer as of today. Going in tomorrow, if I get it, I'll check the sticker on the door to confirm it was built on 8/16.
Sponsored