Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I don't like is the need for it to tell me its tracking me if I use the FordConnect functionality.

I got it the last 30 times you displayed it on the screen, stop telling me.
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
My only issue after the 19052 update is that I get an intermittent stuttering voice. Apparently that is a known issue and will be fixed "in the next release".
Yes, this is much improved in v3.4 from my experience. It can still happen, but the window of opportunity is very small.

The only thing I don't like is the need for it to tell me its tracking me if I use the FordConnect functionality.

I got it the last 30 times you displayed it on the screen, stop telling me.
I think this is also improved in v3.4, at least I've noticed it less on my cars than when I was on v3.3.

OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Yes, GPS does lose it's signal under bridges, trees and other aerial obstructions but reconnects when obstruction is removed.
The problem with mine is it's inability to reconnect. I should not have to park outside the parking garage, shut off vehicle and wait until system reboots in order to go on my way. I was alone yesterday in stop and co traffic and was not able to play with controls much on my almost hour long trip home.
When I arrived, I cycled the key but icon was still there and navigation was still lost. After 30 minutes, I started truck again and after a longer than normal startup time, the navigation system knew where it was.
The exact thing I experienced last weekend on a drive trough Downtown Savannah's tree lined satellite hating boulevards...

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ive owned cars with Navigation and never had this problem, I understand systems use dead reckoning when receiver is blocked from the sky but system should still reconnect after sky is in view again.
My parking building situation would have confused any system since view was blocked it was spun around like a blindfolded person looking for the donkey. when the blindfold was removed it should have recognized where it was at!

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive owned cars with Navigation and never had this problem, I understand systems use dead reckoning when receiver is blocked from the sky but system should still reconnect after sky is in view again.
My parking building situation would have confused any system since view was blocked it was spun around like a blindfolded person looking for the donkey. when the blindfold was removed it should have recognized where it was at!
One thing you can do is enable Test Settings. Go to the Diag menu (long press seek forward on the EFP and SW), go to Testing Settings, then toggle on "Enable Test Settings". At the bottom of the list you'll have your GPS signal, satellite info etc. This enable toggle will put a tile in the Settings screen to quickly jump to this. Might be of some help if it happens again.

OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
One thing you can do is enable Test Settings. Go to the Diag menu (long press seek forward on the EFP and SW), go to Testing Settings, then toggle on "Enable Test Settings". At the bottom of the list you'll have your GPS signal, satellite info etc. This enable toggle will put a tile in the Settings screen to quickly jump to this. Might be of some help if it happens again.
HUH?

OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
System was sluggish after the last Master Reset so I did another reset tonight. Appears to be "quicker", I reset my Sirus/XM stations and Home on Nav and of course I had to re-pare my phone. Some more Radio Stations to add tomorrow and a couple Nav Addresses but...

I'll report my findings soon...

OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
So I checked and I have the latest build.... onto the glitch...

One of the Sirius channels that is set as a preset on bank 3 will play when I cycle thru the sources to Sirius bank 1.
I had that glitch too before my initial Master Reset. Not since...

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've done updates with the Ranger but none with my MKC ( that I've had months longer )which has the same system. I don't see any difference and the MKC is used much more.

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was not able to access the Test Settings menu. EFP and SW both have to be pressed?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes,
I was not able to access the Test Settings menu. EFP and SW both have to be pressed?
Press and hold both down buttons together for ~10 seconds until the speaker walk around test starts. Make sure the radio is on before you press and hold, just not loud as the tone can be harsh.

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
Ughhh, mine is pretty buggy too.. Maybe 60% of the time, everything works fine..

The other 40%, its either a completly black screen, or everything is frozen and I can't even change the radio station. This morning I was on Sirius 119. It plays, but changing the dial does nothing.. it even shows the number changing 118,117,116,115, but the station doesnt change..

It seems once I power off the truck and let it sit for a few minutes it comes back on...

30 seconds after each start it asks if I want to connect to wifi? I'm already connected to wifi, so I dont see why it asks that, if I say yes, it just shows that I'm connected..
Sponsored

Last edited: