Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Yes thanks for taking the time for doing that...very much appreciated:clap::clap::clap::like:
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Does it eliminate the low end shudder/vibration from a stand still?
Donā€™t have that and donā€™t need it with proper tire pressure. My truck is running incredibly well.

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Getting my JB4 tomorrow. Iā€™ll keep you guys posted. Iā€™m expecting very good results.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
LOL. Yeah I wonder how high strung they have this thing. The stock 0-60 was a bad run, but still mid 5 seconds on the tuned version? That's insanely quick and that's with on his first and only try. I think their tester is a gps device so probably not 100% accurate. It did appear to launch hard. I would be more interested in seeing how an 87 octane performance/tow tune would be. I have read mainly all good reviews over the years on 5 star. Even on the old 5.4 F-150 they turned that dog into a fairly decent performer and people usually claim better mpg under normal driving with their tunes. To me an EcoBoost exhaust is a sin because of sound, so a tune, even a mild everyday tune is where the only money for any performance should be spent.
Have to agree on the sound which reminds me of a Civic with the coffee can muffler....the last two exhaust mods I did were a on a Dakota with the small V8 and a great sounding Borla on my old Mustang GT. It also seems that many contend that with these exhaust and cold air mods really don't have much of a power increase. That tune sounds great but I would worry about warranty I guess. 5.49 is a pretty impressive 0-60!

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Cool Beans !
Does it eliminate the 1 3 5 shift in the drive mode?
I noticed this on test drives. When putting the trans in sport mode or using tow/haul do they still do a 1-3-5 skip shift on light loads?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I noticed this on test drives. When putting the trans in sport mode or using tow/haul do they still do a 1-3-5 skip shift on light loads?
The trans shifts 1 2 3 in sportmode...donā€™t know about the tow mode..

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I ran in Tow mode last night, it shifted pretty close to the same pattern as D, but it shifted higher up in the RPM range, and pretty much stayed out of anything higher than 8th.

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just my 2 cents on the BDX vs nGauge... I order my BDX 10 weeks ago straight from Derive. Plugged it in, didn't work. Called tech support, spent 3 hours on the phone (after a 2 hour wait for the callback) and they said they need to send it to the engineering team and they will call me back. 3 weeks later I call and they say they are still working on it. 3 weeks later I send them a nasty email and I get a reply saying it looks like it is finished, just update your device and it will work. I do that, doesn't work. The email went into my spam so I missed it for a week or so, but finally I got around to calling them yesterday, we spent 3 hours (after waiting 1.5 hours for a callback which then made me late for a trip with my wife which made her really happy) trying to reprogram it. He kept trying to do the same thing over and over and in the end it was just purely wasted time, with nothing working, and finally the guy says I'm going to have to send this to engineering. I just bought the nGauge and have requested a return from BDX. Sorry, I get things don't work but if you can't take care of your customers when you mess up then you should lose business.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Does the 5Star tune eliminate the auto stop/start in the computer?
From what Iā€™ve read you can change this setting as well as many others, so yes.

Or plug something into the 110v outlet which takes it out of s/s mode.

Smitty908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Big thumbs up for 5 Star customer service!

Received my SCT tuner yesterday, and pulled my OBD codes. Emailed them in last night, and they had already sent my selected tunes by lunchtime today.

I updated my tuner software and loaded the tune on the truck today. (I will admit that I freaked a little bit when all the warnings and dash messages started going off when the process first started).

Took about 15 mins and it was ready to go. I will drive it the recommended 2-300 miles for the ā€œlearning modeā€ to get used to my habits before I review it here.

It does eliminate the auto shutoff / start, and the trans definitely shifts through all the gears instead of skipping. I can hear the turbo spooling maybe a bit more with the windows down, but thatā€™s about it for now.

Canā€™t wait to really try it out.

Grimlock

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat / 2019 Edge ST
Vehicle Showcase
Getting my JB4 tomorrow. Iā€™ll keep you guys posted. Iā€™m expecting very good results.

How is the JB4 working for ya?

Thinking about pulling the trigger.
Sponsored