Jarret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger lariat Fx4
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, sharp eyes:like: I decided after deliberating for a bit that I didn't want to over extend the stock UCA's capacity and stay conservative. I mounted, according to instructions for using stock spring second ring from the top for 2.25" lift (I think it's more like 2.5" maybe more) in front and not need any additional blocks in the rear. I think I made the right choice as the stance is almost level but still has a slight rake and that will allow me to carry loads and/or tow without sagging the rear. Parked next to any stock Ranger however, the difference is striking. Even with this modest lift, I had to adjust my headlamps down considerably, several times:crazy:

Warning, Eibach's grade 8 bolts (x4) for bottom of front struts are too short. They barely make contact with nyloc thread and mine started to loosen. I replaced them with slightly longer ones.

Keep in mind, this Eibach kit was always a half measure until I move onto a full blown BDS Icon full system (3x the price of Eibach) what will come later, after I've deep dived into the world of overlanding:inlove:

Thanks for all the info. I think I’ll go with the 2.25” as well.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Been sitting on these MBRP exhaust while waiting for the Eibach. Now that those are installed, it's time to lose some weight and gain some noise...MBRP on bottom and stock on top...my what big mufflers Ford stuffed under there:)
1uskbBi.jpg

Took a couple of hours of crawling in and out from under the truck but it's finally done:like:
KBSehEv.jpg

bdZwOQu.jpg

i66IYz7.jpg

yjUtrPF.jpg

Start up was pleasant change of tone...instead of a hum, it's now a distinct purr. On the road, I can hear the exhaust changing note as the gears change. Very mild and understated sporty sound. I LIKE IT:like:

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
WOT is very invigorating...aggressive but not obnoxious...starting to wonder what would happen if i used straight pipe in place of muffler:giggle:

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Any drone, Sid, at highway cruising?

And great build so far, bold but not obnoxious, and functional. I’ll be overlanding with mine too - excited to see what else you come up with.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've been following the rock slider thread and getting very tempted:angel:

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Any drone, Sid, at highway cruising?

And great build so far, bold but not obnoxious, and functional. I’ll be overlanding with mine too - excited to see what else you come up with.
No drone at all...I barely hear it until I go WOT then it sounds pretty kick ass :giggle:...other times it's just purring away:)

Peas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Been sitting on these MBRP exhaust while waiting for the Eibach. Now that those are installed, it's time to lose some weight and gain some noise...MBRP on bottom and stock on top...my what big mufflers Ford stuffed under there:)
1uskbBi.jpg

Took a couple of hours of crawling in and out from under the truck but it's finally done:like:
KBSehEv.jpg

bdZwOQu.jpg

i66IYz7.jpg

yjUtrPF.jpg

Start up was pleasant change of tone...instead of a hum, it's now a distinct purr. On the road, I can hear the exhaust changing note as the gears change. Very mild and understated sporty sound. I LIKE IT:like:
Good looking build. What size spare are you running? Is that the same as your wheels and tires or the factory spare? I’m curious the max size of spare you can fit under the bed. Mine looks like I can go about an inch or two larger than my stock 265/65/17.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking build. What size spare are you running? Is that the same as your wheels and tires or the factory spare? I’m curious the max size of spare you can fit under the bed. Mine looks like I can go about an inch or two larger than my stock 265/65/17.
Thank you! I'm using my stock 265/65-17 factory wheels/tires...not sure what the max size that can be fitted there...hope to not need them but they'll do in a pinch:fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Parksburg WV...making my way up to Detroit, my old home ground to meet up with old friends at the Woodward Dream Cruise:like:
3qPs8f4.jpg

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Getting off grid somewhere in PA...
iF6CcYM.jpg

ryVS3dG.jpg

JgaNsxt.jpg

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
WOT is very invigorating...aggressive but not obnoxious...starting to wonder what would happen if i used straight pipe in place of muffler:giggle:
Have you heard a muffler delete yet?
Pops a little on cold start..
Once it’s warm sounds just like an MBRT
Regards
Your truck looks great btw!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Doc! I've thought about deleting the MBRT muffler with a straight pipe...there would be nothing between the down pipe and the exhaust tip...I imagine that would be much more aggressive than any exhaust system lol...

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Doc! I've thought about deleting the MBRT muffler with a straight pipe...there would be nothing between the down pipe and the exhaust tip...I imagine that would be much more aggressive than any exhaust system lol...
Is the down pipe etc. “cat less” ?
You could replace the muffler with the stock resonator...if you don’t have a little back pressure you might get a check engine light.
Regards
Sponsored