Diff/transfer case/trans etc venting?

• Thread starter Deleted member 773
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 773

Anyone with a truck see where the rear diff, transfer case, transmion vent? No plans for any wild river crossings but you know how that goes.. The manual says don’t go over the hubs which makes me think the rear diff is vented right on top like the Taco.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
The vehicle conversion documentation states that the axles should be vented to the top of the box (or something like that), so I suspect that they are venting it higher than the top of the axle. I can look at mine sometime later today.

OP
OP

Deleted member 773

The vehicle conversion documentation states that the axles should be vented to the top of the box (or something like that), so I suspect that they are venting it higher than the top of the axle. I can look at mine sometime later today.
Thanks, let us know what you find

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Not seeing a vent, not wanting to lay in 11f degree cement longer to find it.

IMG-0305.JPG

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
I have a post over in the water fording thread with some pictures of all the vent hoses for the ranger

As a good comparison, here is the alternator location on the US Ranger with the 2.3l
1JZL11C.png

And here is the engine from the Wildtrack with the I5 diesel engine. Alternator is much higher in placement.
GCXOuBn.png

Also a disclaimer before i post more, i dont particularly know a lot of practical knowledge about vehicles and transmission systems, but I have a resource with some more info on those vent hoses. The vehicle model the following pictures are from is a Ranger Lariat with the FX4 offroad package and trailer-tow.

Rear Differential Vent hose location: Looks to run just below the fuel door
XOzdqD1.png

Front Differential vent hose: This looks really low... I think whoever took this picture might have adjusted the hose.
w6JBsmw.png

Transfer case vent hose:
UuijoH6.png

Transmission vent hose:
fhJBZyH.png

EDIT: Another picture of the front differential and that vent hose. Looks like it's supposed to attach to something else higher up
vyC4zbr.png