Proper Tire Pressure

ekraus

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I picked up my Ranger a month or so. The dealer delivered it with 45 PSI in all the tires. Door frame decal says
35 PSI. On the tire it has max pressure 51 PSI. Tires are Bridgestones. The truck rode like crap.
I deflated to 40 PSI and it rode much better, now I went down to 35 PSI..
So what's the deal? What is the proper tire pressure?
Bridgestones
Lariat Extended Cab
Sponsored

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
35. Go by the door, what is on the tire is max pressure, the pressure on the door is what is “best” for your truck

Tyler

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
These trucks are sent with that high of pressure for shipping purposes. The dealer is supposed to set the pressure before you take delivery of the vehicle. Set pressure according to the sticker on the door.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up my Ranger a month or so. The dealer delivered it with 45 PSI in all the tires. Door frame decal says
35 PSI. On the tire it has max pressure 51 PSI. Tires are Bridgestones. The truck rode like crap.
I deflated to 40 PSI and it rode much better, now I went down to 35 PSI..
So what's the deal? What is the proper tire pressure?
Bridgestones
Lariat Extended Cab
door sticker.
And that dealer sucks.....that should be set before you take delivery.
Probably should check everything else....washer fluid, etc.

OP
OP

ekraus

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Yep there was a couple of ounces of washer fluid. They did give me a full tank of gas.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yep there was a couple of ounces of washer fluid. They did give me a full tank of gas.
Off topic, but I remember a couple of new vehicles I bought many years ago where they barely left you enough gas to get to the gas station. I always hated that. I figured if I'm spending that much money for a new vehicle, the dealer can at least give me a tank of gas. I'm glad things have changed. All my Rangers came with full tanks.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Off topic, but I remember a couple of new vehicles I bought many years ago where they barely left you enough gas to get to the gas station. I always hated that. I figured if I'm spending that much money for a new vehicle, the dealer can at least give me a tank of gas. I'm glad things have changed. All my Rangers came with full tanks.
Just to be clear, they don't "give" you a tank of gas, it is figured into the sale price at full retail. On the order printout for my Ranger, it clearly showed the cost of a full tank. When I changed the order, the new printout showed a different price because the price of gas had changed from the time of the initial order. Notice the circled area below:
fuel.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be clear, they don't "give" you a tank of gas, it is figured into the sale price at full retail. On the order printout for my Ranger, it clearly showed the cost of a full tank. When I changed the order, the new printout showed a different price because the price of gas had changed from the time of the initial order. Notice the circled area below:
fuel.jpg
Interesting - and interesting they only include a charge on the invoice, not in the MSRP.

But yeah, when you are dealing with car dealerships, NOTHING is "free". There is always a catch - as I told someone recently, they are there to make money.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
fuel.jpg
$56 little high for a tank.
Guess they use car rental rates.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
LOL wow a moderater changed the subject of the post. Maybe he should change the title to Dealers suck. LOL:shock:

Pyungshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, Supercab
Vehicle Showcase
My tires were filled with nitrogen to 41 PSI. Door information says 30 PSI. Guess I'll deflate to 35 PSI as its wintertime.

Scoopo

First Name
Scoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
IT Support Technician
Same here.
Ice on windshield just a few days after I got the truck, ran the windshield washer to de-ice... fluid light comes on.
Pretty annoying, tbh. Hate having a service type light on with a literally brand new truck.
Autozone, picked up a gallon, took almost all the gallon to fill the reservoir.

Not a giant deal but one would expect a shiny new vehicle to roll a full week before going to the auto parts store.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Same here.
Ice on windshield just a few days after I got the truck, ran the windshield washer to de-ice... fluid light comes on.
Pretty annoying, tbh. Hate having a service type light on with a literally brand new truck.
Autozone, picked up a gallon, took almost all the gallon to fill the reservoir.

Not a giant deal but one would expect a shiny new vehicle to roll a full week before going to the auto parts store.
It would be nice if the reservoirs would actually take a *FULL* gallon again. I remember getting low on my old Dakota and Ranger and they'd take a full gallon and it would be done. My Mustang would take like a cup less, so I'd have just enough to not want to throw away, but I couldn't fit it in no matter how empty it was.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It would be nice if the reservoirs would actually take a *FULL* gallon again. I remember getting low on my old Dakota and Ranger and they'd take a full gallon and it would be done. My Mustang would take like a cup less, so I'd have just enough to not want to throw away, but I couldn't fit it in no matter how empty it was.
Hi GK,

Drat...cat's out of the bag....The mean old package engineers figure out how to package the washer bottle and then go to great lengths to reduce volume to just less than a full gallon with the only purpose in mind which is to frustrate the vehicle owner....:):):crackup::):)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored