OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Received my Leer 100R this week. Solid front window, sliding side windows, headliner, dome light and T-Rails on top.

Shell 1 small.jpg
Shell 2 small.jpg
Shell 3 small.jpg
Shell 4 small.jpg
Looks great. I'm hoping my Leer will get here in a week or so. Can you take pics of the front of the bed. I want to know how they filled that gap so I can make sure my installers do a good job.
Sponsored

Adventuremobile

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list!
Man I REALLY like this topper. I just can’t get past the huge gap in the front by the cab. I’d abandon my bed rack for this if it weren’t for that gap.
There are multiple reasons for this:
1) The load capacity of the canopy suffers greatly when load is dispersed out beyond the vertical plane.
2) The Bed and the Cab are on different body mounts, and offorad, especially with a decent load on top of the bed, they move independently quite a bit, not only side to side but front to back. Several years ago we tried to close that gap and on safari with a tent on top we actually experienced the canopy contacting the cab. It is something to be aware with for all canopies.

lobsta11

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 magnetic grey, 302A & tech pkg. 2019 is gone. XLT super cab, ingot silver, 302a, tow & tech packages
Had my ARE V top mounted last Thur. Quality appears to be top notch. However the installer pointed out to me in the two front corners there is a gap due to the transition from the front bed notch & the sides.

Compared to my old Ranger visibility is less due to the taller bed sides & tailgate. That leaves less room for the windows. I find that I have to keep re-adjusting the rear view mirror if I shift in my seat. Overall I like the top.
Al

Guinness

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
For those who have already installed their caps: with the extra load in the bed, how has the ride changed? If you have extra weight in addition to the cap pretty continuously have you considered an Add-a-Leaf or with <500lbs and given the factory stiffness do you think it's unnecessary?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
For those who have already installed their caps: with the extra load in the bed, how has the ride changed? If you have extra weight in addition to the cap pretty continuously have you considered an Add-a-Leaf or with <500lbs and given the factory stiffness do you think it's unnecessary?
I am curious about the answer to this question as well. My brother bought a Ranger last week and will be getting a cap. He had one on his Tacoma and added 2 extra leafs but the ride was horribly stiff. I told him he should wait to install any leafs until he gets the cap and see how it is. With a 1560lb payload capacity, I would think it should be able to handle it. He will also be towing a trailer with about 500 lbs of tongue weight.

All the stuff I've hauled I've been amazed at how little the back squats.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Peas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I will have my ARE Overland topper installed in about two weeks. At that point, I will be in a position to report back on drive quality, ride height impact, fitment, etc. If you all have some specific before and after question let me know.

Snowdigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Not my truck but a nice looking topper and rack.

18F7F341-511F-4A1B-A306-372DA0A0A5F5.jpeg
Thanks for this. I also have a Silver Ingot and hoping to get my topper (Leer 100XL w/rack) installed next week. Nice to be able to picture the final result a bit better.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
New ARE. I have pulled a boat with the back loaded with clothes, food and stuff. Drives no different even in the mountains. :sunglasses:

thumbnail_20190807_172535(0) (1).jpg
My friend says what "are" this when looking at the back window of my shell. Under the ARE is a sticker that says A TRUCK HERO. Did anyone get this or am I the only truck hero. :)