BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks...I don't have any links though. I made them myself, using pics of the individual letters, photoshop, & my wife's Cricut. Oracal 651vinyl.

Took a while to get everything sized up just right but I'm really pleased with the results.
They look great!

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Finally took delivery and brought my baby home today.

20190805_130152.jpg

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Finally took delivery and brought my baby home today.

20190805_130152.jpg
Looks great; the white letter tires look good, too! Congrats; your patience with the order paid off.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great; the white letter tires look good, too! Congrats; your patience with the order paid off.
Thanks, Rob. I'm very happy with it. Funny (not so much) story - I almost walked away from the deal after this long wait. We took my daughter's VW Jetta to use as trade (she's taking my Outback to school) and they were only going to give me half of what it was worth. I told them if they didn't give me what I wanted for it, I'd take my deposit check and leave. They eventually caved. I hate dealers (sales managers).

And I managed to get it home before @kevb got here :)

kevb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
IT
Thanks, Rob. I'm very happy with it. Funny (not so much) story - I almost walked away from the deal after this long wait. We took my daughter's VW Jetta to use as trade (she's taking my Outback to school) and they were only going to give me half of what it was worth. I told them if they didn't give me what I wanted for it, I'd take my deposit check and leave. They eventually caved. I hate dealers (sales managers).

I missed it by an hour!

Congrats and wish you well with it. Looks awesome and I can’t wait for mine to come in. I need more pics though. Stop driving around lol :)

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

You deserve a medal for standing your ground like that; truly amazing, considering you licked the door handle! :like:

As @kevb said, need more pics!

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I missed it by an hour!

Congrats and wish you well with it. Looks awesome and I can’t wait for mine to come in. I need more pics though. Stop driving around lol :)
LOL...Sorry - you snooze, I win! Thanks, Kevin. I'll get some more picks this week for you - sadly, I haven't driven it since I brought it home on Monday...what's wrong with me?!

You deserve a medal for standing your ground like that; truly amazing, considering you licked the door handle! :like:

As @kevb said, need more pics!
Thanks. It was rough there for a bit - I was flat out pissed that I was about to lose the truck I ordered because of some douche-bag sales manager. Oh well, all's well that ends well....I suppose.

More pics coming in the next couple of days - I promise! :)

*Still haven't gotten the taste of car wax out of my mouth...

Edit: Here's a shot with the Lomax bed cover I installed tonight.

20190807_203600.jpg

Last edited:

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. It was rough there for a bit - I was flat out pissed that I was about to lose the truck I ordered because of some douche-bag sales manager. Oh well, all's well that ends well....I suppose.

More pics coming in the next couple of days - I promise! :)

*Still haven't gotten the taste of car wax out of my mouth...

20190807_203600.jpg
The tonneau cover looks good. It looks like I'll be installing the HF ham antenna inside the rear corner of the bed, so no tonneau for me.

Yeah, I had a similar (but less stressful) experience back in '97 when I bought Ranger #3 off the lot. I called about it first; told them not to put any license plate/tailgate sticker ads on it. The dealership was on the other side of Atlanta, a major drive from Marietta. Anyway, I got to the dealership, and the truck was on the portico, all cleaned up. I noticed the tailgate sticker. Salesman brought out the paperwork. I refused to sign; said they needed to remove the sticker. Salesman took my demand to the sales manager. Manager seemed offended and yelled at me across the showroom floor (I was sitting at the salesman's desk). I got up and told the manager (in a loud enough voice for all customers to hear), that unless they subtracted $200 from the price, I was outta there. They removed the sticker.

I can't wait to see the pics!

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The tonneau cover looks good. It looks like I'll be installing the HF ham antenna inside the rear corner of the bed, so no tonneau for me.

Yeah, I had a similar (but less stressful) experience back in '97 when I bought Ranger #3 off the lot. I called about it first; told them not to put any license plate/tailgate sticker ads on it. The dealership was on the other side of Atlanta, a major drive from Marietta. Anyway, I got to the dealership, and the truck was on the portico, all cleaned up. I noticed the tailgate sticker. Salesman brought out the paperwork. I refused to sign; said they needed to remove the sticker. Salesman took my demand to the sales manager. Manager seemed offended and yelled at me across the showroom floor (I was sitting at the salesman's desk). I got up and told the manager (in a loud enough voice for all customers to hear), that unless they subtracted $200 from the price, I was outta there. They removed the sticker.

I can't wait to see the pics!
Crazy that you had to haggle over $200. But at least it worked out...but doesn't it always? I've had enough (too many!) dealings with sales managers over the years...decades? (oof!) and know when I'm being B.S'd...and I was being big time B.S'd. At least it didn't sour my purchase too much and I LOVE my new Ranger!

This truck is too much fun to drive...my gas mileage is going to SUCK! LOL

kevb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
IT

20190807_203600.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Now I have to get a Lomax cover if we're going to be twins haha

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

20190807_203600.jpg
Now I have to get a Lomax cover if we're going to be twins haha[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes you do! :like:

And here's another shot for you and @Ranger #6 as promised. After she came back from having the mud flaps installed.

20190810_145951.jpg