Charge pipe modification

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Has anybody modified the charge pipe where the BOV mounts? it restricts down and back up again before and after the BOV. I would assume it would definitely flow better. My thought is to make that center section out of exhaust piping so there wouldnt be a restriction. Obviously would need to make a mount for the BOV, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem....
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
I went and purchased those about a week ago they are pretty nice, if you are going to do these, I would recommend thinking about the throttle body at the same time especially if you plan to throw a tune on your rig.

As for the GFB DV... unless you are going to be tuning the truck for substantial HP/TQ it may not be a worthwhile investment.

I am already getting the exhaust, and waiting more info on the down pipe. I read in one of the other post that it was loud....

Many of these I already have something similar on my Stage-2 Audi A4..... and I love driving that as much as anything.

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I went and purchased those about a week ago they are pretty nice, if you are going to do these, I would recommend thinking about the throttle body at the same time especially if you plan to throw a tune on your rig.

As for the GFB DV... unless you are going to be tuning the truck for substantial HP/TQ it may not be a worthwhile investment.

I am already getting the exhaust, and waiting more info on the down pipe. I read in one of the other post that it was loud....

Many of these I already have something similar on my Stage-2 Audi A4..... and I love driving that as much as anything.
What do you mean replace the throttle body? Do you have a link of the one you have?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
What do you mean replace the throttle body? Do you have a link of the one you have?
You can get larger diameter throttle bodies for improved airflow. The stock throttle body is around 56-57mm and there are 60-65mm units available.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/throttle-body-and-intake.2242/

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/1...oBoost-BBK-65mm-Power-Plus-Throttle-Body.html

Personally I have never seen them as making a significant enough of a difference to warrant spending $3-500. Especially on a part that may at best only gain 10-15 hp on the top end of the rpm range on a daily driver that would rarely be pushed hard enough to actually utilize it. There are other things that money can be spent on that would be more useful on a daily driver. But that's just me, others will see it differently.

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

Did you have issues clearing the BOV under the hood with the AFE intercooler pipes? Is it pressed up on the hood liner?
Sponsored