First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Livernois got 251 whp and 280 wtq with 87 octane, also on a dynojet dyno (https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/livernois-tuning-released.2036/page-5#post-56393). So assuming there isn't to much different about the setups, thats +37whp and +8 wtq with 93 octane. At least comparing these. Im sure there will be some fluctuation truck to truck, dyno to dyno.
387.8 torque, that’s 108 lb/ft torque increase..not +8, tuned by Torrie at Unleashed Tuning.
Regards

Last edited:

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
387.8 torque, that’s 108 lb/ft torque increase..not +8, tuned by Torrie at Unleashed Tuning.
Regards
Ahh you are correct, my mistake. When I read your post I thought I read stock tune, but its stock motor tuned for 93. Ill make the correction

Reactions: Doc

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Everybody should watch Doc’s video in post #91. Best explanation of premium vs. regular fuel. It all comes down to this — an engine under load (high temps or towing like the manual says) may experience pre-ignition where the fuel mixture explodes prior to the spark plug firing. This causes a knocking sound (hence the name) and can, over time, result in engine damage.

To protect the engine most modern vehicles have a knock sensor which reduces the knock by retarding ignition timing. Doing so protects the engine but, my firing the plugs later, reduces engine power and, sometimes, mileage.

So, bottom line, just like the manual says, under load, use premium. Otherwise, no need to make the oil companies richer, use regualr.
Sponsored