Water Wading Capability - NA Ranger vs RoTW Ranger

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
A2Mac1.com, It's a benchmarking site that does full teardowns on vehicles. The company i work for finds the subscription to be beneficial to our engineering department, so i have an account through that.
Im not sure what other sort of information they have but do they have any specs on the turbo thats used?
Sponsored

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
Im not sure what other sort of information they have but do they have any specs on the turbo thats used?
getfile.jpg

This is about all the info i really have on it

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
Soooo :) same picture of the Mustang Ecoboost turbo please :) I'm getting no hits on the part number.
Only have a 2015 mustang with the 2.3l ecoboost.
d753t4c.jpg

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
You could get under and measure the heights of the vents and electric motors that would not like to be drowned. But, that would not account for splashing. Another problem with dirty water is the dirt will get into every crevice and stay there. We had a employee drive in a flooded wash and leave it in overnight. The car was so full of mud that the wrecker had to use a flatbed because the weight of the dirt still in the car bottomed out the car and it wouldnt roll. The hood was so full of dirt in every crevice that it was very very heavy. We see this every monsoon season in AZ. Most vehicles are totaled after a deep water rescue. And we have a stupid motorist law that says if you drive in to a flooded wash and the fire dept has to rescue you then you get a citation, and if you have kids in the car then it can escalate to child endangerment. So, The guy that said get a boat (or three lol) is right even in the desert.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
In the good ol USA, if you drive into 30 inches of raging water and get swept away, you sue the manufacturer of the truck, in Europe and other parts of the world they say you're stupid, not our problem.
Sponsored