MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, thought I'd be the first to paint mine!

Actually used Lightning Blue for it. Pleased with the result!

IMG_20190803_155048.jpg

IMG_20190803_155130.jpg
I think it looks better painted ! Oh someday I will get one, it on the ever growing list
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, thought I'd be the first to paint mine!

Actually used Lightning Blue for it. Pleased with the result!

IMG_20190803_155048.jpg

IMG_20190803_155130.jpg
That looks great. I'm assuming you got a can of spray paint with the lightning blue? If so, how did you go about getting that?

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
The painted ones look great... not sure I can get close w/the Platinum White.... where's a good source?

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
The painted ones look great... not sure I can get close w/the Platinum White.... where's a good source?
Go to your local automotive paint store & have them mix up a rattle can or 2 that matches your paint code. They are typically around $20 a can (single stage) without hardener....about $30 with the hardener. You can also get separate base coat & clear coat.

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
That looks great. I'm assuming you got a can of spray paint with the lightning blue? If so, how did you go about getting that?
I got mine here. https://repaintsupply.com/r-e-color-coats-custom-matched-aerosol-spraycan-11-ounce-p3401.html Paint and clearcoat (also ordered from them) went on great. I'm a crappy painter, and it turned out well. The only blemish was because I put on WAY too much clearcoat.

I used black for a primer, so mine seems to be a touch darker than the body paint, but that may just be because of angles... Lightning Blue has quite a range of tones. I think Hot Pepper Red guy bought paints that are close to the Ford colors.

Snowdigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
I got mine here. https://repaintsupply.com/r-e-color-coats-custom-matched-aerosol-spraycan-11-ounce-p3401.html Paint and clearcoat (also ordered from them) went on great. I'm a crappy painter, and it turned out well. The only blemish was because I put on WAY too much clearcoat.

I used black for a primer, so mine seems to be a touch darker than the body paint, but that may just be because of angles... Lightning Blue has quite a range of tones. I think Hot Pepper Red guy bought paints that are close to the Ford colors.
Any specific prep required - sand or primer before painting? Any tricks you learned? My grille should be here this week and considering painting silver ingot.

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
Any specific prep required - sand or primer before painting? Any tricks you learned? My grille should be here this week and considering painting silver ingot.
You can sand before primer if you like. I didn't. Definitely put on a primer coat. I use Rust-oleum for almost everything, so that was primer. I did wet sand my primer layer (600 grit). Otherwise, don't be like me and spray too much on. The bottom of my F has a big thick ugly glob of clear coat because I sprayed WAY too much.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Great look! I've been in contact with that same seller, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Hoping someone come up with an amber led light kit that is plug and play so it completes the Raptor look

***Install Video Courtesy of @j0shm1lls***

THe Raptor Grille Installed in the above Video is an OEM Raptor Grille. The Knock Off Raptor Grille shown below does NOT require any modification to the grille as shown in the video above.

Get THIS ONE!! $274 shipped! FITS like a Glove on the NA Ranger!!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/264214175499
Grille.jpg

View attachment 4931

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine yesterday. Need it to stop raining to install.
Man, I hear you on the rain. It's rained here in Ft Lauderdale every day for like the last 2 weeks or so. I just submitted a change order to my dealer for my Ranger to have the optional pontoons added. Blacked out of course.

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I hear you on the rain. It's rained here in Ft Lauderdale every day for like the last 2 weeks or so. I just submitted a change order to my dealer for my Ranger to have the optional pontoons added. Blacked out of course.
I'm going for a 12 inch LIFT!
Sponsored