Tow Base Plate

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
You did a great job on that, Garnet. I bet it could probably even be adapted to a small snow plow. A non heavy duty, non commercial one. Something to do the driveway, neighbors etc. I'm sure Ford would prefer an F-150 or better to have a plow on it
Sponsored

OP
OP

Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
You did a great job on that, Garnet. I bet it could probably even be adapted to a small snow plow. A non heavy duty, non commercial one. Something to do the driveway, neighbors etc. I'm sure Ford would prefer an F-150 or better to have a plow on it
I based the attachment to the Ranger off the one that was available for the F150 and when i saw the hookup for the Ranger, it was almost the same. I thought the addition of the cross piece would be more structurally sound. I had used the cross piece on my Escape and just modified it to fit the Ranger.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I got the first set from Roadmaster....very simple to install. I did not have to remove the front bumper as I uses a right angle drill to enlarge the outboard frame horn hole. inboard is already big enough. Did not have to trim the skidplate.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co Retired

Mack

Do both the Roadmaster and the Blue Ox require the removal of the front tow hooks?

OP
OP

Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Do both the Roadmaster and the Blue Ox require the removal of the front tow hooks?
>i would think so. Thats the only place for the base plate to bolt onto.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mack,

I have Roadmaster base plates, and tow hooks have to be removed, so I made my own that fit the roadmaster base plates.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co Retired

Mack

Hi Mack,

I have Roadmaster base plates, and tow hooks have to be removed, so I made my own that fit the roadmaster base plates.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co Retired
Thanks, checked your garage out, those fabbed tow hooks look nice. Will have to check around and see if I can find someone with some skills to make me some when the time comes (because this computer geek doesn't have those skills). Suspect would not even put them on most of the time, but really hated the idea of losing a good tow point if it ever was needed just because I wanted to flat tow.

OP
OP

Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Thanks, checked your garage out, those fabbed tow hooks look nice. Will have to check around and see if I can find someone with some skills to make me some when the time comes (because this computer geek doesn't have those skills). Suspect would not even put them on most of the time, but really hated the idea of losing a good tow point if it ever was needed just because I wanted to flat tow.

OP
OP

Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
You could always use your base plate connection as a tow hook if you ever needed.

OP
OP

Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hi Mack,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co Retired

OP
OP

Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Phil, i'd like to see a pic of the mods you made that incorporated the tow hook. Sounds like a great idea.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, i'd like to see a pic of the mods you made that incorporated the tow hook. Sounds like a great idea.
Hi Garnett,

Best place to check is my Green Valley Garage. I used a 7/8" spring Ubolt welded to a 1 1/2" round stock using my might welder.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co Retired
Sponsored