Trailer Tow Package

Robert Manikowski

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150 Lariat
I will ask my dealer when I talk to them, but do dealership have the ability to add the trailer tow package to a in-stock vehicle if it isn't equipped already?

There is a ranger they have in stock and it is really only missing the trailer tow package.
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I saw that - I guess I don't mind having to wait but I also wanted it factory installed as opposed to me installing a 3rd party hitch.
You can install the factory hitch, I don't believe that's delayed, only the wiring harnesses.

Live4FW

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Screw with a DAMPER!
You can install the factory hitch, I don't believe that's delayed, only the wiring harnesses.
I installed my hitch. Pretty easy. I got the Curt Class III. Clamp the bumper to the frame (suggest using vice grips) remove 4 bolts and replace bolts when putting hitch on.
I have searched for a plug and play 7 pin harness and they just don't exist yet. You can get a harness that plugs into your 4 pin connector and then manually wire the other 3 wires. I am only going to need 4pin connections for now so I am just going to wait for the market to catch up.

Neil S

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my hitch. Pretty easy. I got the Curt Class III. Clamp the bumper to the frame (suggest using vice grips) remove 4 bolts and replace bolts when putting hitch on.
I have searched for a plug and play 7 pin harness and they just don't exist yet. You can get a harness that plugs into your 4 pin connector and then manually wire the other 3 wires. I am only going to need 4pin connections for now so I am just going to wait for the market to catch up.

Harness and 7/4 pin receptacle: (yes both are available)

1F696DF4-F44F-48D9-B89C-341ED96658F4.jpeg

DF9DE874-230D-475E-994D-F36E3D4503E4.jpeg

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Harness and 7/4 pin receptacle: (yes both are available)

1F696DF4-F44F-48D9-B89C-341ED96658F4.jpeg

DF9DE874-230D-475E-994D-F36E3D4503E4.jpeg
Thanks so much for posting the part numbers. My local dealer wasn't sure until i gave the numbers to him, but now i have the parts coming. Thanks again.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Thanks so much for posting the part numbers. My local dealer wasn't sure until i gave the numbers to him, but now i have the parts coming. Thanks again.
OK, i received the parts yesterday. My dealer thanked me for the numbers and he was able to help another customer looking for the same thing. Once again, Thank you.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Do you know if the trailer tow package has a transmission cooler for the transmission?

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
There is a transmission oil cooler but not sure it is specific to the trailer tow package.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
There's nothing in the package but the receiver and 7 pin connector. The wires are there either way, so adding the connector is easy if you don't get the tow package, and third party receivers are pretty cheap. That said, the tow package is pretty cheap for oem, so I'd just get it for simplicity--but I know a lot of dealer orders didn't spec it, so don't sweat it if you're looking at a truck that's otherwise perfect because adding the missing bits isn't that big a deal.

edit to add: apparently some trucks (XLs only?) do not have all the wiring for the brake controller. your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
There is an oil/water heat exchanger (transmission cooler) off the drivers side of the transmission. Should be on every truck as far as I can tell.
upload_2019-8-27_7-58-48.png

Dusting_for_vomit

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Did you encounter any issues with the spare getting in the way of the install? I noticed the instructions say that it isnt necessary to lower the spare first (not sure why this would be needed), but mine would not get into position with the spare in place
Sponsored