Ordered or Dealer Stock?

Ordered or Dealer Stock

• Total voters

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
That's good news. There are a ton of dealers nationally that can use stock. These trucks are not heavily optioned. Three models and few additional options meaning people will find their built trucks in dealer stock. Dealers need to have at least 50 Rangers to sell off the lot consistently and avoid special orders.

I don't think even 50,000 trucks won't stock all the dealerships with enough trucks to avoid special orders.

If Ford makes 500 a day, That would be 71 car carrier trucks a day going to various dealers.

They probably don't like orders because the surveys may be trashed by those waiting a long time.
If they honored their commitment to customer orders there would not be excessively long waits to trash their surveys.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If they honored their commitment to customer orders there would not be excessively long waits to trash their surveys.
What was Ford's commitment to those who order? They likely have runs of certain builds and colors at the same time. I'm not sure how they designate orders. I'm thinking they just make the trucks and look at the orders to find a match. Or they build each order separately which would take a lot of time off the assembly line

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
What was Ford's commitment to those who order? They likely have runs of certain builds and colors at the same time
yes, if you've seen videos you'll see them come in batches

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What was Ford's commitment to those who order? They likely have runs of certain builds and colors at the same time. I'm not sure how they designate orders. I'm thinking they just make the trucks and look at the orders to find a match. Or they build each order separately which would take a lot of time off the assembly line
The plant runs certain colors and probably packages.
My Ranger had a twin at the dealer with the last 3 of the VIN# 681 and mine is 682.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Each vehicle is built with content supplied according to its build sheet with parts designated ahead of time to come together on the assembly line. In that respect they are all equal. Yes,each truck is built to a separate specific order.
The assembly process is no different for customer orders, dealer orders or even build orders designated by corporate. None of these will speed up or impede the efficiency of the actual assembly line.

Ford's only real obligation is to their customers.
Retail sales are cash in hand and ultimately the only source of income for Ford Motor Company, whether it is a cash purchase or financed or leased through them.

Product on the shelf (or lot) is essential to any retail business, but inventory MUST be SOLD in order to actually realize a profit.

Last edited:

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Well for me it was a case for, order what i wanted, not what the Dealers have. I have searched over 200 Rangers in dealer inventory and none have just what i wanted. The problem now is that i sit here with my thumb up my axx and wait. My order date was 04/02/19 and the build week is listed as 06/24/19. The Tracker lists the delivery to the dealer as 08/04/19. My math shows about 18 weeks before i ever see it :frown::crying::headbang:

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Well for me it was a case for, order what i wanted, not what the Dealers have. I have searched over 200 Rangers in dealer inventory and none have just what i wanted. The problem now is that i sit here with my thumb up my axx and wait. My order date was 04/02/19 and the build week is listed as 06/24/19. The Tracker lists the delivery to the dealer as 08/04/19. My math shows about 18 weeks before i ever see it :frown::crying::headbang:
I ordered 11/13 and got 4/19. The price we pay to get exactly what we want.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
~8 weeks earlier than mine. ordered 12/1 will pick up next Friday.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
I like ordering my vehicles. Based on some of the previous posts, many of you would consider me as having a screw loose to want to go through the wait every time. I see it as the price I pay for getting a vehicle that has exactly what I want - nothing more nothing less. In order to do this, I trade with a dealer that is 20 miles from where I live. In the part of Illinois I live in, I have access to 5 Ford dealerships within a 10 mile radius of my house - 2 in Illinois & 3 in Iowa. However, none of them want to order a vehicle. They want you to buy off the lot (they are paying interest on the loan used to buy these units from Ford) or dealer trade. I went the dealer trade route once, and was told it had an option that it did not have when it got to the dealership. When asked about ordering, they say that they can make a better deal on the already built units. Funny, the Ford dealership 20 miles away offers the same deal whether I order or buy off the lot. The only difference is the national incentives that may or may not be available for the model at the time of delivery.

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
I had an order placed. XL FX4 w/carpet and bed liner. Was priced 34540 and was going to be delivered around November (orderd at the end of April). I was originally told It'd be 4 months to deliver which was kinda at the extreme end. Also, because I was ordering though Military sales, I was told that my order would be given special Priority. Between the lies and the excessive (7 month) wait, I cancelled.

My wife is picking up my XLT FX4 Sport with remote start, Navigation and adaptive cruise control today. It cost me 34500. I am very pleased with the upgrade! I found it online and bought it before it was even put out on the lot! Of course, I'm still out of the county, so I won't get to drive it for a while...
20190606_100629.jpg

P.S. Those wheels!

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
I had an order placed. XL FX4 w/carpet and bed liner. Was priced 34540 and was going to be delivered around November (orderd at the end of April). I was originally told It'd be 4 months to deliver which was kinda at the extreme end. Also, because I was ordering though Military sales, I was told that my order would be given special Priority. Between the lies and the excessive (7 month) wait, I cancelled.

My wife is picking up my XLT FX4 Sport with remote start, Navigation and adaptive cruise control today. It cost me 34500. I am very pleased with the upgrade! I found it online and bought it before it was even put out on the lot! Of course, I'm still out of the county, so I won't get to drive it for a while...
20190606_100629.jpg

P.S. Those wheels!
Stay safe in what ever country you are in and remember to duck !! MSG(R)

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I had to wait a little as my wife bought a new car in February. I qualify for X-Plan and had been keeping an eye on my local dealer's inventory and thought for sure I would have to order and wait like most of the people here. One day a Ranger popped up that looked like it had been built specifically for me. I went in the first chance I had and found out it was on a truck to the dealership. Technically was dealer stock but felt like it was delivered just for me!

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic

20190606_100629.jpg

P.S. Those wheels!
Congratulations on your new Ranger. It looks like mine except you have an FX4. Stay safe and get home soon to drive it.

IMG_0337.jpg

godsend1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-350 2012 Kia Optima 1986 Yamaha Vmax
Occupation
Uplinker
Why not both, I purchased a truck ordered by the dealer.

WildeTee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Escape; '19 Ranger
A few days after I sat down with my salesman and put together my factory order he sent me an email with a window sticker for a truck that had just shown up in dealer inventory at a dealership approx 250Km (155mi) that had all of the factory options I wanted. The few things it did not have were easily added at the dealership. So after mentally preparing for a few months of anticipation I had my truck inside of two weeks. So i guess I did both?
Sponsored