Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
Rubber Door Trim Molding Fix.

I was hearing too much wind when driving my Ford Ranger, with the windows closed.
Troubleshooting this problem led to finding my rubber door trim(s) twisted between the doors on my XL.
The reason, IMHO, is that FMC was frugal in applying their glue to the rubber door trims.
Searching and finding the proper glue/adhesive took an extremely long time due to the fact that 5 auto parts stores, I went to, had the improper adhesive to do this job right the first time.The only auto store professional solution, I could find, is Permatex "Super Weatherstrip Adhesive" part #81731 for automotive rubber and metal binding. Hope this helps.;)
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Rubber Door Trim Molding Fix.

I was hearing too much wind when driving my Ford Ranger, with the windows closed.
Troubleshooting this problem led to finding my rubber door trim(s) twisted between the doors on my XL.
The reason, IMHO, is that FMC was frugal in applying their glue to the rubber door trims.
Searching and finding the proper glue/adhesive took an extremely long time due to the fact that 5 auto parts stores, I went to, had the improper adhesive to do this job right the first time.The only auto store professional solution, I could find, is Permatex "Super Weatherstrip Adhesive" part #81731 for automotive rubber and metal binding. Hope this helps.;)
Just wondering if you have a photo of the offending area?

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering if you have a photo of the offending area?
No, but I already fixed the offending rubber strips between the doors. You can easily tell by looking at the door trim between both the driver's and passenger doors - they are twisted due to the fact that in some spots they were missing the rubber glue;)
Sponsored