First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Usually, the driver's side is lower for oncoming traffic. Are LEDs adjustments different?
Never heard that before.

This is the "kind" way to align headlights. OEM LED projector headlamps are so bright now I'll even aim them a ever so slight amount down, as to avoid glaring oncoming drivers. You might as well just drive with your brights on if you don't aim them well.

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Noticed my 2" level definitely gets into some cars now... almost rising as it goes out instead of falling...

Going to have to adjust for sure.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I used a power drill to adjust because one rotation moves the lamp maybe 1/8" with my trusty power drill and Phillips bit I was able to turn them fast enough to see the light line change. I set it 2 garage door panels from the bottom 15 feet away. So far no one flashed me so I should be OK

Last edited:

GHOST9MM1

First Name
JASON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER LARIAT FX4
Quick update. I was struggling to find the right size extension etc etc. I realized you can turn it by hand. I set up tape on the garage and watched as I pushed counterclockwise until it was were I wanted. Very easy.

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
I parked our car 20'-25' feet in front of the truck and then adjusted the headlights so they wouldn't blind me when I was sitting in the passenger seat. Had to improvise because the garage is on sloped ground.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I'm reading the posts in this thread and see that some are referring to both clockwise as well as counter adjustments. To LOWER the beams can I clarify which way for each side?

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Quick update. I was struggling to find the right size extension etc etc. I realized you can turn it by hand. I set up tape on the garage and watched as I pushed counterclockwise until it was were I wanted. Very easy.
I'm reading the posts in this thread and see that some are referring to both clockwise as well as counter adjustments. To LOWER the beams can I clarify which way for each side?
I did mine back over summer. I do not remember which way I turned (using screwdriver method )to lower them. The confusion in this post is that if you turn the screwdriver clockwise, it is turning the screw counter clockwise. So Unless someone specifies which method they use, it's unclear. I adjusted mine too far down, came back up a bit (used tape on garage for reference), but I must be right on the fringe of being adjusted too high, as I will get a very infrequently, flash from oncoming traffic. I will try to adjust mine in the coming day's and I will let you know which way turning the screwdriver works.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
UPDATE:
Using the philips screw driver method, turning right/clockwise (this actually turns the 8mm bolt and gear washer left/counter clock wise for those using that method) lowers the beam. I put a reference mark on the gear washer with a sharpie and took it one full turn as I feel I am pretty close. One full turn on the washer was barely noticeable @ 4ft from my garage door. This is the only way I can get my truck level (this was a few complete turns on the screw driver).

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
UPDATE:
Using the philips screw driver method, turning right/clockwise (this actually turns the 8mm bolt and gear washer left/counter clock wise for those using that method) lowers the beam. I put a reference mark on the gear washer with a sharpie and took it one full turn as I feel I am pretty close. One full turn on the washer was barely noticeable @ 4ft from my garage door. This is the only way I can get my truck level (this was a few complete turns on the screw driver).
so, my confusion is regardless of which one you are trying to lower you turn them right/clockwise?...I'm surprised that I could not find anyone doing the Ranger on YouTube yet.
It would have been much easier If I would have remembered to have the shop who did the front lift kit adjust when they had it back in summer '19...

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
so, my confusion is regardless of which one you are trying to lower you turn them right/clockwise?...I'm surprised that I could not find anyone doing the Ranger on YouTube yet.
It would have been much easier If I would have remembered to have the shop who did the front lift kit adjust when they had it back in summer '19...
With the screwdriver, you turn the screwdriver clockwise to lower (either light). (Turning the screwdriver clockwise actually turns the gear (washer) counterclockwise). Don't over think it ?. Just use a screwdriver (easier anyhow) and turn right to lower or left to raise your beams.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
With the screwdriver, you turn the screwdriver clockwise to lower (either light). (Turning the screwdriver clockwise actually turns the gear (washer) counterclockwise). Don't over think it ?. Just use a screwdriver (easier anyhow) and turn right to lower or left to raise your beams.
?
Sponsored