Sync 3 v3.3 Update Available - 4U5T-14G381-AN

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Some ad blockers or privacy tracker utils will cause it to fail too. Using generic Chrome (with no plugins), I was able to get it to work. That website is an abomination though. It looks good, but it functions horribly.
Incognito mode on Chrome will disable all third party apps too.
Sponsored

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Amen to that!!! Glad I do not have to access regularly!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Double that Amen! My Edge was one of the first vehicles to get Ford Sync, and the initial releases of the firmware were so buggy - cowritten by Microsoft. Ford ultimately rewrote the firmware, and at least it became a stable product. But I always thought they could have done more with it.

So I was really looking forward to Sync 3. And while I like it a whole lot more than Sync 2, it's buggy and quirky. This weekend, it wouldn't recognize a USB drive I use for audio books, nor my iPhone, so no Apple CarPlay. And yet today, having done nothing with the Ranger other than restart it (which I did yesterday), it's all back to normal.

Knowing that it's been out for at least a couple of years, I don't understand why it's not perfected! Does Ford have a version for every model of car/truck?

To piggy back on some of the comments about the Sync website, I have confirmed that I have installed 19052, but there's nothing I can do to get the Sync site to recognize this, and have tried to upload my succesful installation file numerous times. Arrrrrgh!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Double that Amen! My Edge was one of the first vehicles to get Ford Sync, and the initial releases of the firmware were so buggy - cowritten by Microsoft. Ford ultimately rewrote the firmware, and at least it became a stable product. But I always thought they could have done more with it.

So I was really looking forward to Sync 3. And while I like it a whole lot more than Sync 2, it's buggy and quirky. This weekend, it wouldn't recognize a USB drive I use for audio books, nor my iPhone, so no Apple CarPlay. And yet today, having done nothing with the Ranger other than restart it (which I did yesterday), it's all back to normal.

Knowing that it's been out for at least a couple of years, I don't understand why it's not perfected! Does Ford have a version for every model of car/truck?

To piggy back on some of the comments about the Sync website, I have confirmed that I have installed 19052, but there's nothing I can do to get the Sync site to recognize this, and have tried to upload my succesful installation file numerous times. Arrrrrgh!
I always name my GPS units. My Lorance was Gurtrude...wonderful unit, but fell to not being supported...My Garmin is Betrice, My Ranger is called Ditz... Not ready for prime time....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retierd...

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I am beyond frustrated on this. After I put the usb into the port, what do I do to get the system to read this? I have given up for a while but after 6 bottles of bourbon and a few therapy sessions I am ready to try again. I have the update on the usb but do not know how to get it to connect? Thanks.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I am beyond frustrated on this. After I put the usb into the port, what do I do to get the system to read this? I have given up for a while but after 6 bottles of bourbon and a few therapy sessions I am ready to try again. I have the update on the usb but do not know how to get it to connect? Thanks.
If nothing happens at all, you likely have the files on the drive incorrectly. The MSA and autoinstall files need to be at the root level, along with the SyncMyRide folder. The individual packages are inside that folder.

David Schuster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4; 1969 Torino GT
I had a similar problem as it it just recognized the USB like it was music and did nothing when just the downloaded file was on the USB. What worked for me is I cleared the USB and went back to the original downloaded file on my PC. Select and right click the the downloaded file and choose 'extract all' Choose the blank USB location for the destination folder and let it do it's thing. After few minutes it's done and you can then update. Start vehicle and plug USB in and it starts uploading after a bit. Mine took ~10-15 mins. of driving before it was done. After the next stop/start cycle I had the new version. The Ford site talks about getting it to the root directory, so I guess this is what the 'extract all' does, but it's not real clear there about how to do that. Before you start the whole process, the blank USB needs to be formatted to exFAT, whatever that is. On the blank USB. right click USB drive, choose 'format' and select exFAT under file system. Good luck, it took me 3 or 4 tries to finally get it figured out.
versions.JPG

Last edited:

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
If nothing happens at all, you likely have the files on the drive incorrectly. The MSA and autoinstall files need to be at the root level, along with the SyncMyRide folder. The individual packages are inside that folder.
Thank you. I have an appointment to take it in to Ford next week. This is all beyond me.
Sponsored