Ranger Suspension, Lift Kits, Leveling Kits

South Florida Ranger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Tacoma guys will never admit their truck is underpowered. They deflect by changing the subject to resale value.:crazy:
Haha. So true. A buddy of mine said that and I said resale value is irrelevant to me. I keep my trucks for 20 years. Still have my 99 F150 4x4 Lariat and it looks mint. Gave it to my son. That’s it next to my Ranger. Redid the leather inside.

FF933FF4-9398-48F9-8DDD-C51B0CF0B130.jpeg

me01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER 2019 AU
I haven't been following this thread but I noticed something odd about the drive shaft.
I kinda liked it...
The front shaft is straight back and the carrier bearing is fixed on top of the crossmember.
All the travel and drop then is in the rear shaft.
You can't shim the carrier due to its location so it appears that any lift kit would adversely affect the drop angle and the rear shaft looks pretty short!
Is there some compensation for this in the lift kits?
Is the design limiting or does it just not matter?

Yes, I have one installed. I had 300kg constant load springs put in the rear. It raised the rear by 40mm. To reduce shudder between 10-20kmh takeoff speed, we put one in.

TSSRANV2.jpg

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4 runner , 1999, XJ, 1999 Audi S4, 1996 f150 prerunner, 1984 Audi UR Quattro
Got about a week on the ICON stage to with Billet UCA's towed a small trailer to Flagstaff for overland expo and so far it drives like a dream! gonna put some hard dirt miles on this weekend!

IMG_3094.JPG

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Got about a week on the ICON stage to with Billet UCA's towed a small trailer to Flagstaff for overland expo and so far it drives like a dream! gonna put some hard dirt miles on this weekend!

IMG_3094.JPG
I just got mine done today, but I have a strange clunking sound coming from the rear. Do you have anything similar? I re-torqued the bolts but they’re tight. Strange how much the mounts had to flex inward to meet the shocks, almost like there should have been spacers or bearings in there.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I just got mine done today, but I have a strange clunking sound coming from the rear. Do you have anything similar? I re-torqued the bolts but they’re tight. Strange how much the mounts had to flex inward to meet the shocks, almost like there should have been spacers or bearings in there.
Disregard, one of the lower bolts on the rear shock had loosened. All good now!

Maltese

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX & XLT Ranger
I've been poking around, but haven't seen anything regarding a true mid travel kit with remote reservoirs yet. I'd really like to build this out with some 2.5" shocks (king or fox with clickers) and get some additional capability out of this truck.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
Disregard, one of the lower bolts on the rear shock had loosened. All good now!
You also have to grind the mounts to stop the shock body from contacting the shock mount. If you don't, it will make noise when you are hammering it off-road.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
A (hopefully coherent) question for the board about level/lift kits. How important is it to relocate the front differential when installing these kits? I see at least one kit, BDS, that has you relocate the front differential so it's closer to the stock geometry. How important is this? Is it too early to tell, meaning we're going to need some run time on these kits before we know? Or is it a stupid question and I'm concerned about nothing?
Sponsored