First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
Does this guy you know at Canby Ford still think he can do this? :) I washed my truck yesterday and it is still leaking, so I guess my "fix" didn't really work - I must have missed something. Time for the pros to fix it right.
Just sent you a PM.
Sponsored

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
Hey all, I suggest you do take these into the dealer for repairs, mostly because parts like this may get sent back (and hopefully not end up on my desk) to the supplier to check. Design revisions may be made for later parts to prevent these issues.

I have to say I'm surprised they're incandescent bulbs, automotive likes to use LEDs because we can weld the two housing halfs together to make sure they seal well. I think I have one of these signals in a box, will have to take a look at it.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, I suggest you do take these into the dealer for repairs, mostly because parts like this may get sent back (and hopefully not end up on my desk) to the supplier to check. Design revisions may be made for later parts to prevent these issues.

I have to say I'm surprised they're incandescent bulbs, automotive likes to use LEDs because we can weld the two housing halfs together to make sure they seal well. I think I have one of these signals in a box, will have to take a look at it.
Mine is all fixed and now both sides have LEDs. No more leaks here!

Lone Ranger

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew, 2019 Ford Flex
A month ago, I noticed the same thing on the driver's side. Moisture and water in the turn signal housing. The dealer ordered the parts and the day before my appointment, Covid-19 shut Michigan down. So now I have to wait a few more weeks.

Lone Ranger

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew, 2019 Ford Flex
A month ago, I noticed the same thing on the driver's side. Moisture and water in the turn signal housing. The dealer ordered the parts and the day before my appointment, Covid-19 shut Michigan down. So now I have to wait a few more weeks.
I just got my pickup back. The housing was replaced under warranty.

AdamRadam

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have this same issue. Just bought the truck used. Only happened on the passenger side. Simple wash did it.
Sponsored