Proclip Phone Mount for the Ranger is Now Available!

OP
OP
Pirategrad

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I can make phone calls, choose music, navigate, and more with my phone in my pocket.
Seriously, why do you need a dash mount for your phone?
I don’t like having the phone in the tray unsecured or in other places where it can fall and get lost. The holder keeps it pretty secure. I also don’t like wires all over the dashboard. It’s a personal preference thing and not for everyone.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
I have the same situation. There’s a small gap but the holder sits tight and doesn’t shake when driving. I hope the fit remains tight over time.
Oh ok good....I was just wondering if my placement was a bit off...or alternatively if you filled the gap with any material

Alright!

Thanks !

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I don’t like having the phone in the tray unsecured or in other places where it can fall and get lost. The holder keeled it pretty secure. I also don’t like wires all over the dashboard. It’s a personal preference thing and not for everyone.
I get that. That's why (hanging cords)I put USB outlets in the tray, mostly for my GPS.
My phone mostly stays in my pocket.
I also installed USB outlets inside the console in case a phone needs charged.
There are so many things which can be done with a phone nowadays that I'm sure I don't know the half of it!:blush:

Ford, IMO, placed the full function interface USB port in the wrong place in my STX.
That area would hold a phone nicely as long as the port is not in use, but I like it for a flash drive full of music which is right in the way for most any other use at the same time. I think it should be off to one side which would allow my phone to rest in that area and still use the flash drive.
On my last truck, I simply screwed a suitable phone holder to the dash, but it had hardwired hands free and no bluetooth.

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I get that. That's why I put USB outlets in the tray, mostly for my GPS.
I don't like putting the phone there because it gets too hot--especially if it's charging.

Ford, IMO, placed the full function interface USB port in the wrong place in my STX.
That area would hold a phone nicely as long as the port is not in use, but I like it for a flash drive full of music which is right in the way for most any other use at the same time. I think it should be off to one side which would allow my phone to rest in that area and still use the flash drive.
Is it different than the lariat? I've got a tray with two USB ports kinda in the middle. I have a really low profile USB drive (like https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/cruzer-fit ) and it doesn't interfere at all with putting my phone down on the right side of the tray. (I also have an 8 inch USB cable plugged in all the time in the other port--short enough to stay out of the way and be in just the right spot to plug into the bottom of the phone if it's head down in the tray.)

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't like putting the phone there because it gets too hot--especially if it's charging.

Is it different than the lariat? I've got a tray with two USB ports kinda in the middle. I have a really low profile USB drive (like https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/cruzer-fit ) and it doesn't interfere at all with putting my phone down on the right side of the tray. (I also have an 8 inch USB cable plugged in all the time in the other port--short enough to stay out of the way and be in just the right spot to plug into the bottom of the phone if it's head down in the tray.)
HEY YEAH! I like that USB drive!
The Lariat is different... The STX only has one USB outlet, right in the center. A regular drive sticks out too far and interferes with using the that spot for a phone. I looked for something like you referenced but didn't find anything...THANX

One question though, how would you know how hot my pockets are?
;) :giggle::whew:

Last edited:

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I had a proclip for 8 years in my F150 that I just traded, took it out upon trade. Not a fan of either mount for the ranger. 1 is too high one is too low. Gotta be a happy medium for me somehow.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Keep your eyes on the road and pay attention to your driving. The life you save may be your own. When I see people weaving all over the road I figure that they are playing with their phone. :stop:

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
E9D6E7EF-1505-4402-9FB1-BA74F2B7662E.jpeg
New law in TN, phone must be hands free, not even on your person.
Will be about as easy enforcing as the seat belt law but it’s badly needed.

Ive got a Fast Ball, truck does everything else.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Ultimate Phone holder. It attaches to the dash and sticks tight. I need a higher mount because I use WAZE on trips a long with native nav, I tried the console but too low. This thing sticks but the downside for many might be the doughnut on the dash when removed. Doesn't bother me as I like the mount. But some may be put off by the embossed hole LOL

https://ultimatephoneholder.com/product/ultimate-phone-holder-df-usd?utm_source=email

unnamed (31).jpg

unnamed (32).jpg

unnamed21.jpg

BayouBeau

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger XL 4x4 STX
Occupation
Army
Has anyone else seen any other Solutions like the ultimate phone holder that @SubVet posted?

I like the proclip but it is expensive and I'm not sure I want it pulling up my dash tray.

I can't block my A/C (I live in Louisiana) and I can't use a magnetic mount (I have a wireless charger at work). I like how low profile the proclip is, as I don't want my phone up blocking the valuable front window reale estate.

Trying to find the best alternative's has proven difficult.

Godzilla_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger Super Crew
I had a ProClip in my last truck. No in built NAV meant using Android Auto on the phone which was fine. I've thought about getting a mount for Z. I love having an actual screen in the dash but I'm constantly running into disconnect issues or AA locking up on the dash (I do tech stuff for a living so yes, I've used multiple cables and did a complete re-install of AA and master reset of the Sync). I can work around all that but my big issue right now is I can use voice commands but no one seems to be able to hear me on calls.

Anyways, that's what pushes me towards a mount again until I decide to replace the head unit. And I agree that ProClips are awesome. They are 2 pieces. One piece is the mount for the vehicle. The other is for what ever phone or devices you have. I went through 2 mounts on my last truck. I started off with the mount for a TomTom GPS and my phone both on the same truck mount. Once GPS got better on my phone (it was an old truck), I replaced it with just the phone mount. I've also gone through a couple phones and only had to buy 'half' a ProClip. Only the position of the mounts for the new Rangers is not working for me. I'm not sure I like where it is so I'm still looking around.

BayouBeau

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger XL 4x4 STX
Occupation
Army
I get that. That's why (hanging cords)I put USB outlets in the tray, mostly for my GPS.
There are so many things which can be done with a phone nowadays that I'm sure I don't know the half of it!:blush:

On my last truck, I simply screwed a suitable phone holder to the dash, but it had hardwired hands free and no bluetooth.
How did you add the extra USB ports? Do you have pictures? I'm very interested in adding USB ports to the dash, console, and maybe in the rear of the truck.

BayouBeau

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger XL 4x4 STX
Occupation
Army
I'm a fan of Proclip phone mount solutions and used them for almost ten years in all my vehicles. These mounts are high quality no-drill solutions custom made for your specific vehicle. They are nit cheap since you have to by the car mount and the device holder separately but the device holder can be transferred to your next mount which is what I did when I traded my Ford Escape for the Ranger. I received my mount today in the mail. it took my about 5 minutes to install the mount in my vehicle and about 10 minutes to install the device holder for my iPhone XS Max. It looks great and is secure. This solution does partially block access to the dash tray. If you're using the full tray, this solution may not work for you, I don't really like using the tray because of the hot Texas Sun. You can read more about Proclip at their website - www.proclipusa.com

Here are some pictures of my installation...

IMG_1107.jpg
IMG_1103.jpeg
IMG_1105.jpeg
IMG_1106.jpeg

BTW - This is CarPlay's new home screen in iOS 13.:)
How did you manage to get your charging cable hidden like that?!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)