alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger (2019), Chevrolet Camaro 2002 Anniversary Edition
Hi all,

I'm supposed to get a call from the dealership soon to have the running boards and drop in bed liner installed. I have actually never seen a 2019 Ranger with the drop in liner, does anyone have one? If so, would you mind taking a picture and sharing it? I wonder how the fit is for these liners, and if they block the tie down spots.

I have read that these liners can potentially scratch the paint underneath them. Further, I read it is important to clean under the liner at least once a year to prevent rust.
Sponsored

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The tie downs aren't that hard to get to. Never worried about scratching the bed, and if it was that bad you could always rhino line it.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

I'm supposed to get a call from the dealership soon to have the running boards and drop in bed liner installed. I have actually never seen a 2019 Ranger with the drop in liner, does anyone have one? If so, would you mind taking a picture and sharing it? I wonder how the fit is for these liners, and if they block the tie down spots.

I have read that these liners can potentially scratch the paint underneath them. Further, I read it is important to clean under the liner at least once a year to prevent rust.
Photos here: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/spray-in-bedliner-with-12v-power.1234/

OP
OP

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Your Enemy is movement, so if you put some foam tape or spray some rubberized bedliner on top of a couple of the rails that would be best for protecting scratches from forming. But otherwise its inevitable that it will eventually wear through. Ive had it happen to my Toyota with OEM liner.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Your Enemy is movement, so if you put some foam tape or spray some rubberized bedliner on top of a couple of the rails that would be best for protecting scratches from forming. But otherwise its inevitable that it will eventually wear through. Ive had it happen to my Toyota with OEM liner.
Was going to comment that I had the plastic bedliner out a few weeks ago, and it was already working its way thorough the paint. That said I just got rid of a 2003 FX4 with a plastic drop in that didn't have any holes in the bed (rockers were MIA, but the bed was not rusted through).

I put some grease on it, and forgot about it.

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My 2005 had a bed liner from day one, bed was still solid, had a few scratches but that's all when I sold it. The new factory bed liner has 4 inch rubber grommets that cover the holes for the tie downs. Just put a solid lift up painted to match cover on my super cab and expect both to last for twenty years.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
Mine came with the Ford drop-in. I hated the look. Got the dealer to trade it for Line-X as part of the deal and I got to keep the power outlet. I'm much happier with the LineX. The tailgate is a little tougher on the knees but I can always get the bedrug tailgate liner. later I already had the Ford rubber bed mat before I bought the truck so I just put it on top of the LineX. I had planned to LineX once the bed got scratched up too bad anyway so best of both worlds.

Last edited:
OP
OP

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking of putting some foam tape on top of some of the rails to keep it from scratching as someone else said. I saw a post of somebody with a Toyota Tacoma who did the same thing and it seemed to work out great. I think the individual just put foam tape on the lower rails so that the bed would sit on the tape instead of the actual bed. He also appeared to put foam tape on top of the wheel wells. Does anyone know if this might work? Would the foam tape be very difficult to remove a few years down the road / peel off paint when removed. I'm thinking about getting a spray in liner with Line X in 2-3 years, but for now I just want to use the plastic bed liner.

Thanks!

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
I have the drop-in liner and love it. Had one on my 2011 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost also. Easy to clean, just spray it out with a hose.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I'm thinking of putting some foam tape on top of some of the rails to keep it from scratching as someone else said. I saw a post of somebody with a Toyota Tacoma who did the same thing and it seemed to work out great. I think the individual just put foam tape on the lower rails so that the bed would sit on the tape instead of the actual bed. He also appeared to put foam tape on top of the wheel wells. Does anyone know if this might work? Would the foam tape be very difficult to remove a few years down the road / peel off paint when removed. I'm thinking about getting a spray in liner with Line X in 2-3 years, but for now I just want to use the plastic bed liner.

Thanks!

It doesn't go over the top of the rails, basically the top of the rails is already plastic, so they didn't cover it. foam tape would probably wear off after a while and you'd end up with the same scratches. If it's not a show truck, I wouldn't worry about it :)

idesi1

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Ignot Silver with 501A + Sport package

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Spray your bed man... liners are a thing of the past... Protect it, if you go to someone that does good work, they will remove the rubber grummets, the torx screws for your tailgate lid and do an exceptional job. Mine cost me $369 and a 1hr drive. I go to this one guy only everytime, superb work he does. My bed is almost 10 mil thick.. strong as hell.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I have factory drop in liner because I knew I was going to cover it with Diamondback and wanted the floor to be protected with something but easy to slide in/out cargo...spray liner have too great of friction to allow this...
Sponsored