Retired

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Is the ecoboost plate just flat / double sided tape? Some of those types of plates have a pin into a hole setup..

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I always feel like mods of this type scream "Hey pull me over and ticket me because I'm a turbo hooligan".

Not that I don't enjoy them, just that I enjoy not leaning on the hood of a police car 2x a month...
:LOL::LOL::LOL: There's a whole lot of stuff to get pulled over for, I seriously doubt this is one of them... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
You would think that would be true, but it would seem as soon as I add a sicker, or aftermarket wheel or anything else to one of my cars, my rate increases many orders of magnitude.

My Focus ST was white, stock in appearance, and spent more time above the speed limit than under it: 1 pull over for speeding, 0 for anything else. No tickets in 100K miles

My 1995 Ford Ranger, lots of stickers, aftermarket exhaust, SLOW as heck: Many pullovers, most resulting in me watching them rifle through my stuff looking for whatever they think I have :) Estimated 10-15 in < 100K miles.

Could be my age, but I doubt they can really gauge it until I'm already pulled over as I'm white, blonde, and still look like a baby from > 15'.

I may be crazy, but I think "special" stickers trigger traffic cops.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: There's a whole lot of stuff to get pulled over for, I seriously doubt this is one of them... :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I don't think it's the driving factor in getting pulled over, but it helps set the tone of how you will be treated once you are pulled over. I think the Focus looked like a pep boys fleet car, so the cops basically can't even see it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
You would think that would be true, but it would seem as soon as I add a sicker, or aftermarket wheel or anything else to one of my cars, my rate increases many orders of magnitude.

My Focus ST was white, stock in appearance, and spent more time above the speed limit than under it: 1 pull over for speeding, 0 for anything else. No tickets in 100K miles

My 1995 Ford Ranger, lots of stickers, aftermarket exhaust, SLOW as heck: Many pullovers, most resulting in me watching them rifle through my stuff looking for whatever they think I have :) Estimated 10-15 in < 100K miles.

Could be my age, but I doubt they can really gauge it until I'm already pulled over as I'm white, blonde, and still look like a baby from > 15'.

I may be crazy, but I think "special" stickers trigger traffic cops.

I don't think it's the driving factor in getting pulled over, but it helps set the tone of how you will be treated once you are pulled over. I think the Focus looked like a pep boys fleet car, so the cops basically can't even see it.
My Son is a LEO and believe me he has lots of clues for pull over but an Black TURBO emblem on a black 40+ thousand dollar Ford Ranger isn't one of them. Besides, the Disabled Veterans Plates and Retired U. S. Coast Guard plate holder counter balance the "nasty" TURBO... :giggle:

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Did you use the heat gun/fishing line method or did it peel right off? My FX4 stickers peeled off like it was nothing. Hope this is the same case.
Fishing line only! Popped right off!

OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Did you use the heat gun/fishing line method or did it peel right off? My FX4 stickers peeled off like it was nothing. Hope this is the same case.
I used waxed dental floss and my fingernail for most of the remaining residue. Any left over residue was removed with "Goof Off"
Sponsored