Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 F150, 77 MGB, 2023 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else put a topper on their Ranger? We just put a Leer topper on our Ranger and it had rough raw fiberglass edges so we installed door edge trim on the raw fiberglass edge. It looks OK but are wondering if anyone else has a Leer topper or other brand of topper on their Ranger.
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG
Sponsored

Snowdigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Still looking at toppers. Debating between an A.R.E. and a Leer. What Leer model did you end up selecting? I'd be disappointed with that rough edge as well. Your solution is a nice one.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
My old Raider topper had a rubber trim around the edge. My new ARE does not but it is ok, not rough. I like the ARE fit around the tail gate area. The paint (white) is not a perfect match but good enough. The front of the bed was a worry for me because the truck bed is not flat. It looks like they sealed it up well. Just installed this week so no real world use yet. Everything that you get for this truck is first run. I would take it back to the dealer if not satisfied.

OP
OP
REDWM

REDWM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 F150, 77 MGB, 2023 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Still looking at toppers. Debating between an A.R.E. and a Leer. What Leer model did you end up selecting? I'd be disappointed with that rough edge as well. Your solution is a nice one.
I ordered the 100R and wanted the Windoors on the side with siding glass and a screen since my Lab will ride in it. Because the bed was 5', Leer said they couldn't put a Windoor in the topper. So I have just sliding windows with screens. However, I have a sliding window on the back I can open to get more air for my dog. The dealer said that most toppers now come with the raw fiberglass edge but I was concerned about chipping or breaking it or getting cut by the sharp edge. I found Cowles Custom Edge Trim at Advanced Auto Parts which worked with a little effort to open up the gap to get it on the fiberglass edge. Black looks good on the silver topper.

Snowdigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
May pull the trigger on a Leer 100XL, nice to know there is an option available to cover the fiberglass edge. I have a Silver XLT Sport and agree the black trim would look fine.

Peas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered an ARE Overland Topper for my truck which is currently in production. I should take delivery of both in mid to late August.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Pictures.

DrummerDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘95 Taco
I just ordered an ARE V series. I was a bit put off by the Leer website. When I input the Supercab option it decided I had a 58” bed. A 72.8” bed wasn’t an option. I went to the Leer “contact us” page and found that they required field after field of information about me. I decided it wasn’t worth my time to mess with it. When I went to the local dealer to place an order I told the salesman what had happened and he seemed to be completely uninterested in even discussing the Leer topper. That said it is going to take 6 - 8 weeks to get the topper made and delivered.

Snowdigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
I just ordered an ARE V series. I was a bit put off by the Leer website. When I input the Supercab option it decided I had a 58” bed. A 72.8” bed wasn’t an option. I went to the Leer “contact us” page and found that they required field after field of information about me. I decided it wasn’t worth my time to mess with it. When I went to the local dealer to place an order I told the salesman what had happened and he seemed to be completely uninterested in even discussing the Leer topper. That said it is going to take 6 - 8 weeks to get the topper made and delivered.
I found both Leer and A.R.E. websites frustrating. Guessing the Leer cap you were looking at isn't available for your bed size which is why it only gave you the one option. I ended up ordering the Leer 100XL (currently only available in the 58" size) since the equivalent A.R.E. cap was more expensive. Estimate is 4-6 weeks.

DrummerDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘95 Taco
I found both Leer and A.R.E. websites frustrating. Guessing the Leer cap you were looking at isn't available for your bed size which is why it only gave you the one option. I ended up ordering the Leer 100XL (currently only available in the 58" size) since the equivalent A.R.E. cap was more expensive. Estimate is 4-6 weeks.
The issue isn’t specific to any models SD. Drop down options from the “What Fits My Truck” page include Super Cab but don’t include a 6’ bed. Perhaps you’re right that they are only making 5’ models.

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Machine & Tool Designer- Ford Motor Comapny
Vehicle Showcase
I should be getting my A.R.E. V Series cap installed Monday or Tuesday .
color matched, slider front and side windows, L.E.D. light strip down the center w/ prop switch. Dark gray headliner.
will have pics soon.