Hi-Lift Storage

Zae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, FX4 'Morrigan', 2016 Street Triple R, 'Iris'
Since I picked up my new Ranger a while back I've been scratching my head on where to store my old *ahem* well used :D hi-lift. I had planned on building a mount that would attach it across the forward top rail of the bed and had sketched up the parts but hadn't gotten around to building it yet. I was going out to explore a new area today and decided to take a stab at storing it behind the rear seat which i had previously discounted due to the B&O module back there.

To my surprise I managed to puzzle it into place and am actually quite pleased with the result, so I thought I'd share in case any one else here has been contemplating the same issue. It stayed put with no rattle or thump all day even on very rough trails, and I haven't noticed any sound quality issues. The handle is stored under the seat, behind the seat belt anchors, and the factory jack is removed and stored standing up right next to the base of the jack. It took a few trials to get it to stay out of the way of the seat bottom hinge but now everything swings freely and latches without unusual effort.
20190714_190632.jpg
20190714_190608.jpg
20190714_190637.jpg
Sponsored

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Really old thread, but my 48 inch Hi-Lift fits behind the back seat with the handle on it without issue. I made the handle removable so the handle itself can be used as a leverage tool if needed. I used it to replace the axle nuts when I put the leveling kit in.

Anyways, I took the steel base plate off, and it tucks behind the jack. The larger off road base plate does also.

I have an extended length bottle jack also, but that will go in the pivot box in the bed when it gets here. No room for it anywhere at the moment. The underseat compartments are full of chains and straps.

The Hi-Lift offroad kit, which gives it some winch-like properties, will go in the pivot box too.
Sponsored