Neil S

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX
Vehicle Showcase
Had the same problem, had to pry the ears out to get it to lock.
Sponsored

MattJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
What did you guys use to cut out the plastic blank in the bumper where the plug housing is installed??

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
Utility knife.jpg
What did you guys use to cut out the plastic blank in the bumper where the plug housing is installed??
I heated up a utility knife with a propane torch and cut along the outline, and then finished it up with a file..

Rick Austin

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
So I’m assuming the harness plugs in and replaces the existing 4 pole, license plate lights, etc.? I didn’t see this asked before. Also my local Ford dealer wants about $85 and $65 for the two part numbers.

OP
OP
Neil S

Neil S

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX
Vehicle Showcase
Those prices are MSRP always ask for a discount.

tnewcomb6370

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
How hard is it to remove the connectors to replace. I have the harness but it has been to cold to start the changeover. Just don't want to break any trying to remove them.

OP
OP
Neil S

Neil S

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX
Vehicle Showcase
How hard is it to remove the connectors to replace. I have the harness but it has been to cold to start the changeover. Just don't want to break any trying to remove them.
I would wait till it warms up. There are a number of clips that hold the harness and all the connection are plastic. If it’s below 45° they could be more prone to crack. Difficulty is a 2 on a 1-5 scale. It helps to drop your spare to give you more room.

tnewcomb6370

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Thanks for the advice on the temp, will wait until I get a warm day. Might not be until spring. Plan on dropping the spare and the trailer hitch I installed to make as much room as possible.

tnewcomb6370

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Do I need to disconnect the battery before changing out the wiring? This is on my to do list tomorrow.

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Do I need to disconnect the battery before changing out the wiring? This is on my to do list tomorrow.
Yes. 10mm for the negative terminal. truck is supposed to be off with no lights for atleast two minutes prior to disconnecting per owners manual.

tnewcomb6370

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Well it is all installed. Did not have to drop the hitch I had installed to replace the wiring just dropped the spare and had plenty of room . Only hard part was getting the plug into the bumper. Had to remove the clips and install them from the inside to get it to latch. Thanks for the help.

penkola270

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Sales
Best way to cut out the knockout in rear bumper plastic for the ford 4/7 pin connector??? See everyone adding the hitch, wiring pigtail, and connector but no suggestions on cutting out the plastic from the bumper.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
A
Best way to cut out the knockout in rear bumper plastic for the ford 4/7 pin connector??? See everyone adding the hitch, wiring pigtail, and connector but no suggestions on cutting out the plastic from the bumper.
About 8 posts up, someone recommends a hot utility knife (heated by propane torch).