New Ranger Raptor Engine?

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
I read a lot of automotive news, especially truck related news. This article in particular caught my eye as the last paragraph has an interesting snippet.

https://www.motor1.com/news/359350/nissan-nismo-pickup-rumor/

If it's any consolation, spy shots indicate that Ford is preparing to bring the Ranger Raptor to the United States. Rather than the 2.0-liter turbodiesel four-cylinder engine the model uses in foreign markets, the American one allegedly uses a 2.7-liter turbocharged V6 with 325 horsepower (242 kilowatts) and 400 pound-feet (542 Newton-meters) of torque. The debut date is still a mystery, though.

I suspect this is coming from an Australian source as they do most of the development on the Ranger and RR there. I haven't been able to confirm anything yet.
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
I have no doubt there will be a NA Ranger Raptor, but it will be based on the New Platform that the New Ford Bronco will be built on. And of course Diesels aren't big sellers here as they are in the rest of the World which loves them because of the mileage they get and reduced taxes on Diesel in other countries! A 2.7 liter v6 would make sense, if anything about a Raptor really makes sense!