Borla Exhaust for the 2019+ Ford Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome bike, you have a sound clip of that?
It is hard to hear the exhaust note with the primitive sound-recording software in my TG-4 camera. While it has stock factory "Norton" peashooter mufflers, it retains the "lumpy" note that testifies to the Megacycle cam.

This link might work, who knows?

The first bike is my '74 850 Norton Commando, the second one is my '67 750 Norton P11. Yes, a very early one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
You can come to appreciate all the different exhaust notes. While I approve of the low growl of my ranger FOUR, I think that I prefer the sound of my tuned 850 Norton Commando TWIN, above all other automotive musicianship.
:sunglasses:
The Magna Flow cat back sounds pretty good.....impressed by the nonbender sound

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ordered a Borla Cat-Back™ Exhaust S-Type. I ordered, paid and I'm still waiting for delivery.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
We just ordered one of these Borla exhausts for our new shop Ranger. We run Borla on one of our shop Raptors, our Tacoma TRD Pro and soon the Ranger. The video sounds pretty good, hoping it's a bit better in person. Will post feedback once we get it installed.
Any update?

Like a LOT of guys, I have a hard time enjoying the sound of 4 cylinders. I love the good old American v8 sound. For me, there is no limit to loud. I suppose until I damage my hearing.

I am hoping that someday a manufacturer will figure out how to make 4 cylinders sound good with low tones that make the pavement rumble. Harley does it with 2 cylinders. F1 makes 4 cylinders sound insane. That probably wouldn’t be good for a truck. A mustang or RS would rock!

Let us know what you ended up with! Video would be awesome!

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
After many many years of having a Magnaflow dual exhaust on my F150, even though i love it at the time, I’m so looking forward to having a quiet truck. I’m over it. Quiet is in for me now.

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2021 Raptor, 2022 F250, 2023 Bronco
Any update?

Like a LOT of guys, I have a hard time enjoying the sound of 4 cylinders. I love the good old American v8 sound. For me, there is no limit to loud. I suppose until I damage my hearing.

I am hoping that someday a manufacturer will figure out how to make 4 cylinders sound good with low tones that make the pavement rumble. Harley does it with 2 cylinders. F1 makes 4 cylinders sound insane. That probably wouldn’t be good for a truck. A mustang or RS would rock!

Unfortunately no. We are still waiting for it to arrive from Borla. Should be shipping out to us in the next week or two. We'll get a video up once it's installed!

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Any update?

Check out the Magna Flow cat back....the sound clips i heard are pretty dang, non 4, sweet sounding

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good but I hope that there is no interior drone
Here is the Borla Performance Cat-Back exhaust system (part #140789BC) Black tips, installed in my 2019 Ford Ranger XLT.

780DDEA8-7820-4FCA-B0AB-76E3C2EC3185.png

A7E2CF4C-2E00-49ED-A1DF-4B4D50B131DD.png

83F58E63-D9CE-4E1A-B100-B8EE8826A68D.png

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger 4x4
I don't think there is any way to make a 4 (or even a 6) sound as good as a V8. You can make them sound better, but it isn't the same at all.
I agree on the 4 banger not really sounding good, that is unless it will reach above 10,000 rpm. Up in that range they can sound glorious.

However one of my prior inline 3 liter sixes would like to have a word with you! Turbo and catless with stock exhaust that car was awesome sounding. Put down 375whp and 455 ft/lbs at the wheels. If you skip to about 35sec into the video you will understand.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I agree on the 4 banger not really sounding good, that is unless it will reach above 10,000 rpm. Up in that range they can sound glorious.

However one of my prior inline 3 liter sixes would like to have a word with you! Turbo and catless with stock exhaust that car was awesome sounding. Put down 375whp and 455 ft/lbs at the wheels. If you skip to about 35sec into the video you will understand.

That did sound AWESOME. I have a '73 Capri with Flowmasters on it, and when I take it to shows, people say it sounds like a v8 all day long - so you can make v6's sound pretty good - still not quite like a v8 (you don't get the deep growl of a v8), but they can be made to sound pretty good.

And yes, a 4 banger at 10k sounds pretty cool too. But I don't think our Rangers would like winding up to 10k. :) I don't even know what redline on them is? 6k? 7k?

mobilemike01

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
I

I ran a similar setup on my Focus ST. Air filter, cat less down pipe and stock exhaust. Sounded pretty good! Less “exhausty” and more turbo sound.

I will agree that nothing beats the V8 rumble. Firing up my Mustang GT in the garage was one of the highlights of owning that car. Firing up the Ranger.......

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Sounds good but I hope that there is no interior drone
A while since this thread started but.....About 3 months in on mine. Love the looks and sound. IMO there is no drone. At highway speeds during hills you can hear the exhaust note change is the transmission down shifts but it is not at all annoying. I would buy again.

Danger Ranger 09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford ranger
Is the Ford performance borla exhaust the same as the regular borla exhaust

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
After many many years of having a Magnaflow dual exhaust on my F150, even though i love it at the time, I’m so looking forward to having a quiet truck. I’m over it. Quiet is in for me now.
I feel the same way. I had a MagnaFlow cat back dual exhaust put on my 2015 2.7 ecoboost. When I drove it home l felt sick the way it sounded, like a ricer. I am looking forward to the 2020 Ranger l have on order, l am leaving it stock.
Sponsored