Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
On the way home from the lake last night I must have gotten bright light flashed 5-6 times on a 50 mile drive. It’s not like I had a ton of tongue weight either. It must be really bad with an actual full load. Do the LED headlamps have a traditional screw adjustment? Any other suggestions? Turning off the fog lights didn’t seem to help.

18F1B625-D0C8-45FF-9601-B21F59BDA607.jpeg

8866FD6D-F29D-4B57-BEA7-3AF2B53DE67B.jpeg
Sponsored

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
its a commom problem, even for cars when you out all your fat friends in the back seat and all the beer and cheezies in the trunk.

adjusting the lights for one off trips would be a pain in the butt

with the technology out there, I'd be willing to pay extra for automatic levelling headlights VS automatic high beams.
My cx-5 had auto leveling as well as pivoting into the turn. But the ranger headlight still seem better in most nighttime driving..w/towing being such a selling point, you'd think auto leveling would be an obvious feature.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I was very surprised when I heard the lariat didn't have auto leveling or the in cab adjustment like the global Ranger & Everest has.

2015-2016-Inner-Headlight-Adjust-Button-Cover-For-Ford-Everest-4Dr-SUV.jpg_640x640.jpg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’m also surprised it doesn’t have it. My 2011 Mazda 3 does along with turning headlights that follow curves and turns, they work great!

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
New lights are often set just low enough for a vehicle with normal load, no trailer. A little weight and you might get flashed. I find F150's are set high when in my small car.

Suggestions.
Costly- air bags in rear of you tow a lot.

Not sure on this but could you use painters tape and tape off the upper part or slightly below center to help cover some upper light? Remove when home. Not sure on hear and if it would affect residue when removed. Could wax light first.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Not to detract from the discussion. When I first read the title I didn't read it throughly. I just read "Is anyone else getting flashed?". I thought is this another advantage of my new Ranger :clap:. Then I opened the thread and found out i was about headlights. I am surprised @Gray Horizons Helicopter didn't jump all over that title.

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not to detract from the discussion. When I first read the title I didn't read it throughly. I just read "Is anyone else getting flashed?". I thought is this another advantage of my new Ranger :clap:. Then I opened the thread and found out i was about headlights. I am surprised @Gray Horizons Helicopter didn't jump all over that title.
I just woke up from a nap. I know it's no excuse, but I did miss that
Yeah, all of what DrSafety said.

OP
OP
dmeyer302

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I knew this would happen. I was trying to think of ways to reword it but in the end I just decided to let it ride. Lol

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
I did get flashed quite a bit when I got my 2.5in Rough Country leveling kit put on the first few days until I finally got around to readjusting my headlights now I dont get flashed anymore thank goodness.

20190427_091718.jpg

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I didn't get flashed but I could see I was lighting up people's interiors and overhead signs after my 2.5" Rough Country leveling kit. I adjusted them down by parking in front of the closed garage door, using tape as a reference, and then used a 1/4 inch ratchet + small extension and I think 8mm long socket. The adjuster screw is easily accessible, gotta crank it a few times to see adjustment
Sponsored