Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about raising the front 2". Never done suspension work before. I would have Ford or an outside shop do the labor. BTW a stiffer ride wouldn't break my heart

All the information I am finding is using spacers From anyone including RangerLifts and or Panda are bad as they affect the stock shock negatively the shock into an unreliable state.

The other solution would be Bilstein adjustable shocks without changing the coils. That too has been met with warnings...

Other than lowering the rear which is not really what I want to do might be a better choice as it does not affect the steering suspension and no alignment may be needed

I have heard Ford won't do any lifts so I expect that will void all suspension parts warranty, Which is fine. I never had a suspension issue ever on any vehicle that required warranty service.

But I don't want to create an issue.
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about raising the front 2". Never done suspension work before. I would have Ford or an outside shop do the labor. BTW a stiffer ride wouldn't break my heart

All the information I am finding is using spacers From anyone including RangerLifts and or Panda are bad as they affect the stock shock negatively the shock into an unreliable state.

The other solution would be Bilstein adjustable shocks without changing the coils. That too has been met with warnings...

Other than lowering the rear which is not really what I want to do might be a better choice as it does not affect the steering suspension and no alignment may be needed

I have heard Ford won't do any lifts so I expect that will void all suspension parts warranty, Which is fine. I never had a suspension issue ever on any vehicle that required warranty service.

Good post.
I have some mild interest in adjustable Bilstein when available. Any cons with 5100's?

Last edited:

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hauling and towing.

If you do either of these, your nose will be up in the air. I have leveled both my last two truck. '05 F150, 4wd springs in my 2wd. and '01 F250 3-1/2" fabtech. Both I had to run airbags because of towing to level it back.

My Ranger I will go to bigger tires, but not as big as I would like because I want to tow from time to time and skip the lift.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant

If you're really worried about warranty, go with a company like Fabtech. They actually give you a 5 year 60k mile warranty of some sort. Not sure on the details, but that should at least help calm the mind about warranty issues. https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product/2-5-leveling-system-ftl5210/

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I called my dealer for a 2" lift estimate and with parts, labor and wheel alignment just under a high $700. The alleged ball joint wear etc from using spacers is covered under warranty from dealer.
Not may Ford dealers will do this install. I called 4 and only one will and has done it.
A new Ranger for sale on the lot has one done.

I didn't mention I have a 2WD. Is 4WD more labor to install spacers?

Last edited:

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I called my dealer for a 2" lift estimate and with parts, labor and wheel alignment just under a high $700. The alleged ball joint wear etc from using spacers is covered under warranty from dealer.
Not may Ford dealers will do this install. I called 4 and only one will and has done it.
A new Ranger for sale on the lot has one done.

I didn't mention I have a 2WD. Is 4WD more labor to install spacers?
Should be no difference in parts/cost/etc... between 2WD and 4WD

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Should be no difference in parts/cost/etc... between 2WD and 4WD
Great! Thanks Panda confirmed as well

Just ordered the Rough Country Spacers 2.5" from Panda. Getting level installed next week. $375 labor $59 alignment $100 for spacers

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the best option for a 2WD ranger lift kit. Anyone have pictures. I’ve heard I can’t use the same as the 4WD kit?

Fordrangerlifts.com

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fordrangerlifts.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger Fx4
Occupation
Fabricator

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase

Dont do it of you are towing anything.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

What you are not addressing is the change in Vehicle Dynamics. Raise your vehicle and the Ford development is out the window. Might not matter much or may make a huge change... You are in uncharted territory... Tort lawyers in an accident may cause grief if they find you modified your vehicle... Go for it, but understand the risks...Reputable manufactures will back you...Joe's machine shop, likely will not... I will not endorse any aftermarket, but there are well engineered pieces out there, but they are not going to be necessarily cheap...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Last edited:

Fordrangerlifts.com

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fordrangerlifts.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger Fx4
Occupation
Fabricator
Looked at your website, do you have install instructions?
Yes comes with detailed instructions in the kit plus I have a step by step YouTube video.
Sponsored