Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Friggin' Polaris RZR costs more then my XL!!! o_O

(and has most of the deleted items missing from mine!) =p
thats why i was asking lol.
I got it last year with 20 miles on it as a guy had to get rid of it a few months after buying. Spent $19k and probably put another $6k in it.

I got my XL at what I thought was a decent price after going through Granger and $1,500 worth of incentives, but my Ranger was still more expensive than the RZR.

We do have another RZR as well... I've had this one for a few years. It's not as powerful, which the turbo is kinda ridiculous power for trails (E50 tuned), but it's still got plenty of get up and go to it.

PXL_20221102_232253935.MP.jpg

I ran a draggy run with the turbo with the tires seen in the picture and I was pretty impressed. Mind you, it'll take more power, but I don't feel that it needs more.

Screenshot_20221114-171044~2.png

It's amazing what some people pay for RZR's... The new Pro-R starts at like $40k. And too many people finance them and then don't use them.
thank you !

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, ill never own those 4x4 thingies. I wont pay over 2 grand for em. Not worth it. At all. Imo.
The trips we've done have been worth it. And I've never lost money selling, so it's kinda like a refundable deposit.

You probably think my other hobby isn't worth. it. at .all. I lose way more money with this...

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The trips we've done have been worth it. And I've never lost money selling, so it's kinda like a refundable deposit.

Hi Folks,

I call these Tortoise killers. Hunddreds of Tortoise in their burrows are cruched to death by these machines running over them without a thought as the poor tortoise is not seen. In Arizona, these machines are restricted to defined back roads and trails... Do you think the owner adhere to this? Not a chance when it is so much "fun" to chase across the desert in full cactus smashing mode.

Much worse in Kalifornia than here but still exists....Thankful that the Sonoran Desert Tortoise habitat extends into the foot hills where these machines cannot easily go. Used per law and responsibility they are likely fun but those folks are few and far rarer than the uncaring owners. So besides being inordinately noisy...I intensely dislike them.

Phil

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I call these Tortoise killers. Hunddreds of Tortoise in their burrows are cruched to death by these machines running over them without a thought as the poor tortoise is not seen. In Arizona, these machines are restricted to defined back roads and trails... Do you think the owner adhere to this? Not a chance when it is so much "fun" to chase across the desert in full cactus smashing mode.

Much worse in Kalifornia than here but still exists....Thankful that the Sonoran Desert Tortoise habitat extends into the foot hills where these machines cannot easily go. Used per law and responsibility they are likely fun but those folks are few and far rarer than the uncaring owners. So besides being inordinately noisy...I intensely dislike them.

Phil
I've seen one turtle... Stopped for it to cross.

I agree, many owners are much like coal rollers and they're annoying. I wouldn't mind mine being quieter, but there is not much exhaust length to work with.

I also stick to the roads and trails designated for such use... Which is basically all of the Black Hills.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Here is pics from past years. All working on ski trails.
grizdeep66.jpg
grizgrooming264.jpg
defdeepsnowgood9.jpg
defdeepsnow095.jpg
bossdeep532 (1).jpg
bossgroomspretty294.jpg
As a cross-country skier (skate), I never realized the amount of effort required to groom the trails until I started seeing your pics on this forum. ?

Respect!

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I am a down hill skier and do appreciate all the work it takes to groom runs and trails. That looks like ton's of fun for a job! Thanks Arlyn

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Ok Same place as last time. Going to pick up Tai Food for lunch and Tai Delicious. MMMMMM GOOD.
A Bronco, Me and another Ranger.
2A.jpg
3A.jpg

No comments on the park job. I do have a handicap parking permit. Obviously I need it LOL. Sorry Tracy you did teach me how to park however or you were my inspiration on how to park. LOL.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Ok Same place as last time. Going to pick up Tai Food for lunch and Tai Delicious. MMMMMM GOOD.
A Bronco, Me and another Ranger.
2A.jpg
3A.jpg

No comments on the park job. I do have a handicap parking permit. Obviously I need it LOL. Sorry Tracy you did teach me how to park however or you were my inspiration on how to park. LOL.
Don't let Dave @AzScorpion see this parking job... :inspect: :LOL:

Last edited: