Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Of the feet or vent??? LOL
If I took it off my feet, at least it would be easier to find and buy shoes :LOL:. No issues here, but getting used to the distance between the gas and brake pedal did take a little while. I've hit the brakes and my foot was still touching the gas...pucker factor went up for a second or 2 :whew:
Sponsored

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2013 Ford Explorer, 1977 BMW R100/7
I'm only a size 10, but I noticed that I catch my toe sometimes when driving to my USMC reserve drills combat boots on.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No foot issues but knee hits dash and console at times.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Um..i heal and toed my old Ranger stick. How do you heal and toe an automatic? My supervee race car required heal and toe to race effectively. Not sure how to do this with an auto trans Ranger

best.
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co Retired

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I initially had some minor issue with this but I just adjusted to it instead of adjusting the Truck. I know that sounds over simplified but I moved over from an Explorer that had zero issues with break accelerator clearance but had mediocre leg room (couldn't starch my legs out and still reach the steering wheel). It was like sitting in a desk chair at a small desk.
Once I got used to the peddle position, muscle memory kicked in. I am comfortable now...

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll see if i can grab pictures later, but I removed the sensor, then the "chute" that hangs down and used a dremel tool to remove the lowest 1.5" or so. Re-mounted and zip tied it up a bit. Now this is no longer ran issue for me. I probably would have adjusted over time, but I have a few family members that will drive it on occasion and they had already pointed it out to me as something they were dealing with too. This was an easier mod than I thought, and way better than listening to any complaints :p

Dusting_for_vomit

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I thought I was the only one with this problem, with my Sideshow Bob feet. The way I was able to alleviate this problem was to order the vent (part number KB3B-18D277-AB it comes with the sensor for around $20 dollars) and cut about 2 inches off the bottom. It is a little tricky to cut due to its odd shape (see my zigzag cut below), but I have had no problems since.

Hope this helps.

upload_2019-5-13_16-59-25.png
Thanks for all the info! Have you noticed anything in your environmental controls acting strange since this modification? Also, any tips for removing and re-installing the vent piece without damaging the sensor?

Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Thanks for all the info! Have you noticed anything in your environmental controls acting strange since this modification? Also, any tips for removing and re-installing the vent piece without damaging the sensor?
Sorry for the late reply. I really haven't noticed any changed in the environmental controls, but I don't remember how the original controls functioned. It's been almost a year since I did this mod, and I haven't noticed any issues with heat or AC on the auto setting. For removing the sensor, I kind of treated it like a headlight bulb trying not to touch the metal component on the inside. I did ask the dealer about this sensor, and they said it wasn't a very delicate sensor. Which makes since, it looks like just a thermistor due the two pins coming out of the sensor, but someone who knows more about electronics might be able to confirm this.

The sensor is keyed to only come out one way, but it spins 360 degrees. Once you have the vent and sensor unplugged from the Ranger rotate the sensor 90 degrees and see if it comes out easily, if not don't force it rotate it 90 degrees the other way and it should come out will ease. I would recommend buying a second vent from the dealer since its only 20 dollars and you get an extra sensor just in case something goes wrong.
Hope this helps.

Dusting_for_vomit

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Sorry for the late reply. I really haven't noticed any changed in the environmental controls, but I don't remember how the original controls functioned. It's been almost a year since I did this mod, and I haven't noticed any issues with heat or AC on the auto setting. For removing the sensor, I kind of treated it like a headlight bulb trying not to touch the metal component on the inside. I did ask the dealer about this sensor, and they said it wasn't a very delicate sensor. Which makes since, it looks like just a thermistor due the two pins coming out of the sensor, but someone who knows more about electronics might be able to confirm this.

The sensor is keyed to only come out one way, but it spins 360 degrees. Once you have the vent and sensor unplugged from the Ranger rotate the sensor 90 degrees and see if it comes out easily, if not don't force it rotate it 90 degrees the other way and it should come out will ease. I would recommend buying a second vent from the dealer since its only 20 dollars and you get an extra sensor just in case something goes wrong.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the response! I actually ended up doing this last evening and it went pretty smoothly thanks to your pictures. The hardest part was unclipping the sensor body from its wiring harness; which was tricky due to the angle and it being hidden behind the vent cowling. But after I got it off, I just took a hack saw to the bottom inch and a half without messing with the sensor at all. The reinstall was super easy and now the problem is totally alleviated. Thanks again!
Sponsored