First Encounter in the "Wild" (Ranger's Spotted Megathread)

Rone28

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019
I saw my first one since I purchased today. It was blue with a lot of Chrome. The very first one I was over the winter at the ski slope. I looked over and at first thought it was an F150 and then took a closer look.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Saw one a month ago...nothing since and I have put down over 6 thousand miles...cool be the Unicorn:)

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not a one. I really think Fords Ranger numbers will be lower than expected. Too much inventory too little sales here in SC and NC (where I had to go to find mine) anyway, My prediction is 7K a month delivered. If more great if less. Ford should start worrying and start educating truck buyers on the 4 cyl engine. Because what I am hearing is people look at the available 4 cyl IN ALL TRIMS and are turned off. Some people are afraid of turbos as well.

Thats, why I believe most Ranger buyers in this Forum, seem to have come from Ford products with a smattering of us former Tacoma "loyalists".If sales are lower than expected it could be due to a lack of inventory in certain markets, They should be flying off the lots with $5K discounts. At 500 a day they have to sell 12,000 a month to sell out of new builds.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Not a one. I really think Fords Ranger numbers will be lower than expected. Too much inventory too little sales here in SC and NC (where I had to go to find mine) anyway, My prediction is 7K a month delivered. If more great if less. Ford should start worrying and start educating truck buyers on the 4 cyl engine. Because what I am hearing is people look at the available 4 cyl IN ALL TRIMS and are turned off. Some people are afraid of turbos as well.

Thats, why I believe most Ranger buyers in this Forum, seem to have come from Ford products with a smattering of us former Tacoma "loyalists".If sales are lower than expected it could be due to a lack of inventory in certain markets, They should be flying off the lots with $5K discounts. At 500 a day they have to sell 12,000 a month to sell out of new builds.
Given the fact that some people still aren't seeing many at their local dealers, I'd say they are still building inventory. I'm going get out my crystal ball and say they are going to sell about 10k in June. We should know in a few days what the real story is. The sales this year thus far have been building pretty steadily and I would just expect that trend to continue and increase as more and more inventory gets out there. There is kind of a critical mass that is needed and I don't think we have hit that yet.

rdm3671

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Asked my salesman the other day while I was taking delivery if they were selling many Rangers. He told me they were having trouble getting their hands on them. This is from the second largest dealer in the area.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Given the fact that some people still aren't seeing many at their local dealers, I'd say they are still building inventory. I'm going get out my crystal ball and say they are going to sell about 10k in June. We should know in a few days what the real story is. The sales this year thus far have been building pretty steadily and I would just expect that trend to continue and increase as more and more inventory gets out there. There is kind of a critical mass that is needed and I don't think we have hit that yet.
It's hard to tell. Some places have a lot of inventory in some places have a little.

If Ford is building 12,000 a month and does a little bit better than they did in the first quarter they sell out of inventory. I don't think Ford can make Tacoma numbers at the factory level. 74000 Tacomas in the first quarter is a lot of trucks.

That's also a big Target on their back. I do think there's an inventory issue. 12000 trucks a month is spread out amongst all the dealers in the United States doesn't seem like a lot of trucks per dealer. I will be looking for 36000 truck sold in the second quarter. In my opinion that would be exceeding even what their goals might be

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
I've seen more Rangers than Gladiators (0).

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It's hard to tell. Some places have a lot of inventory in some places have a little.

If Ford is building 12,000 a month and does a little bit better than they did in the first quarter they sell out of inventory. I don't think Ford can make Tacoma numbers at the factory level. 74000 Tacomas in the first quarter is a lot of trucks.

That's also a big Target on their back. I do think there's an inventory issue. 12000 trucks a month is spread out amongst all the dealers in the United States doesn't seem like a lot of trucks per dealer. I will be looking for 36000 truck sold in the second quarter. In my opinion that would be exceeding even what their goals might be
I don't think there is any way they will be selling 36k in the second quarter - based on the numbers already released from April and May, they would need to sell over 22,000 Rangers in June and I just don't see that happening. As you said, even once they get inventory up to "normal" levels, they have a supply problem if they exceed about 12k a month (about 4 per dealer per month). That is far short of what the Tacomas are selling. My guess is that Ford is taking it slow and if sales continue to climb, they will investigate more shifts or additional capacity to produce more to satisfy the demand.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
We traveled about 400 miles down to Daulphin Island and was on our way back home. Had not seen one Ranger. Stopped at a Burger King in Daphne, Alabama. Was looking out the window wondering why that Silverado just HAD to park so close to me when the parking lot was almost empty. Well, here come the prettiest hot pepper red Ranger I had seen all day!:) Of course, by the time it registered what I was looking at, it had already passed & I couldn't get a picture:crying: Sure was pretty though:clap:

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
My locals dealers are split on ranger sales .. one says they are like the ecosport and can’t move them, the other has sold 6-7 .. I’ve seen probably 5 on the road so far and a few gladiators as well

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
My locals dealers are split on ranger sales .. one says they are like the ecosport and can’t move them, the other has sold 6-7
Probably somewhat dependent on clientele, somewhat dependent on the dealer. There are some people who will only buy the biggest thing they can afford, and there are some dealers who will push people the same way. Then there's the other dealer, that just sells things. :like:

Dan Ordoins

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I’ve only seen one around town. Not seeing many though. The one I did see helped sealed the deal on me
Purchasing one..... looked sweet.

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
In the 5 months I’ve owned mine I don’t remember seeing one on the street yet! And I live in a very good truck market (Canada’s national capital region): hot construction sector, lot’s of nearby “outdoorsy” activities to do.
But I do see lot’s of the old Rangers! They sold really well here.

Will B

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyonr else out there still not see another Ranger on the road yet???
Picked up mine 3/29 and have only seen maybe half a dozen. Mostly Lariats. I live in the Dallas area and have no doubt they will take off soon.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I've been UPGRADED to a MEGATHREAD!!! YAY ME!
Sponsored