Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I presume this vehicle has DRL's? After driving 1500 miles, I just realized my DRL's do not come on. The light surrounds themselves work, when you open the door etc, but neither they, nor the headlights, function as DRL's. I have a Lariat and the daytime lights function in the LH menu screen is checked but no DRL's. If it makes any difference I do not use the auto headlamp function, either in the lights submenu or the rotary switch. Anyone else notice this? This may be my first warranty issue.
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
On mine you must have the light switch on automatic and have the truck in gear.
Also you must have it checked on the menu screen.
They go off when in park.
Imust have checked mine for a week before I figured it out.
I don't even like DRLs but i'm leaving them on because the driving lights stay on in memory if you leave them on in automode.
Rube would be so proud!:clap::giggle:

rube.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rviator

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Floyd, You're correct I would not have thought this to be true but the light switch must be in auto mode for the DRL's to be on. My comment about not using the auto mode was just an afterthought. I guess I'll use auto mode, which I've never used in my previous vehicles.

BLininger

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I found this thread. I "had" an appointment next Monday to take my truck into the Ford dealer and have them figure out why my DRL weren't working. I never use the "auto" mode either. That would have been a quick embarrassing trip.

Deleted member 1634

Since I haven't found it anywhere else, does anyone know which bulbs light up on the XLT for DRLs? Is it just the regular low beams? Like you guys have been saying, the truck has to be in auto mode and in gear, which is hard for me to check on my own. I've had mine turned off since I picked it up from the dealer since I don't like having the headlights on all the time like that. But if it's the parking lights, then I'd probably have them on.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Since I haven't found it anywhere else, does anyone know which bulbs light up on the XLT for DRLs? Is it just the regular low beams? Like you guys have been saying, the truck has to be in auto mode and in gear, which is hard for me to check on my own. I've had mine turned off since I picked it up from the dealer since I don't like having the headlights on all the time like that. But if it's the parking lights, then I'd probably have them on.
DRL uses the low beam on the halogen headlights. It can be changed with forscan to use the fog or parking lights.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Details on forscan change ?
I've been meaning to add this to the wiki but it keeps slipping my mind.....sorry for that.

BdyBCM (As-Built)
Find 726-45-01: xxxx XXxx xxxx
Allows All DRL Options
Change To: 7F (can also be enabled in BdyBCM)

Find 726-50-01: XXXX
Change to options below:
Disabled - 017F *not confirmed on Ranger
Low Beams - 0280
Front Fog Lamps - 0482
Front Turn Lamps - 0886 *not confirmed on Ranger
Dedicated DRL - 108E - lariat led strip, halogen headlights do not have this wire pinned but it can be added.
High Beams - 209E *not confirmed on Ranger
Low Beams and Dedicated DRL - 40BE

The ones marked *not confirmed on Ranger are options I did not try.

There are 3 drl choices in BdyBCM (not as built)....none of those would remove the drl from the low beams (at least not for me) but enabling all choices & park lights as drl (with low beam) did work from there.

Last edited:

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I've been meaning to add this to the wiki but it keeps slipping my mind.....sorry for that.

BdyBCM (As-Built)
Allows All DRL Options

Change to options below:
Low Beams - 0280
Front Fog Lamps - 0482
Dedicated DRL - 108E - lariat led strip, halogen headlights do not have this wire pinned but it can be added.

There are 3 drl choices in BdyBCM (not as built)....none of those would remove the drl from the low beams (at least not for me) but enabling all choices & park lights as drl (with low beam) did work from there.

I can confirm that changing 726-45-01: xxxx XXxx xxxx to 7F

And then

726-50-01 XXXX to 0886

Does remove headlight and add front turn lights as DRL. (XLT and XL models only)

Nolan Johnson

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

BdyBCM (As-Built)
Allows All DRL Options

Change to options below:
Low Beams - 0280
Front Fog Lamps - 0482

Any idea how to do turn lamps AND parking lights?

Deleted member 1634

Any idea how to do turn lamps AND parking lights?
Someone mentioned in a different thread that there is a way to make parking lights all the way around (front and back) to be DRLs. See this post: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...y-almost-all-the-time.5957/page-2#post-102587

This is pretty much what I want as well. I know others will argue, but having just the front lights and no side or tail lights on for DRLs just doesn't seem right to me. This change is the one thing that might end up pushing to me learn Forscan.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm that changing 726-45-01: xxxx XXxx xxxx to 7F

And then

726-50-01 XXXX to 0886

Does remove headlight and add front turn lights as DRL. (XLT and XL models only)
This is exactly what I’ve been looking for - parking lights on my XLT as DRL with NO headlights! I’ve asked about it in other threads and searched the Forscan stuff. Not sure how I didnt see this post earlier!!! I’ll give it a try tomorrow. Thank You!
Sponsored