throttle slack fix-97 ranger

SOLAREAGLE

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 ranger standard cab 3.0L
Bought this truck 26 days ago....Put in new plugs, spark plug wires and ignition coil. It did not run as I thought it should!! Off to 'you tube' I did go.There was throttle cable slack above the gas pedal! 1/2 inch or so...So, I followed his lead and put 5 zip ties between the bottom of the slack to the top of the throttle cable... And it did the trick.....P.S. CABLE DOES STRETCH AFTER 22 YEARS OF USE..................
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Bought this truck 26 days ago....Put in new plugs, spark plug wires and ignition coil. It did not run as I thought it should!! Off to 'you tube' I did go.There was throttle cable slack above the gas pedal! 1/2 inch or so...So, I followed his lead and put 5 zip ties between the bottom of the slack to the top of the throttle cable... And it did the trick.....P.S. CABLE DOES STRETCH AFTER 22 YEARS OF USE..................

Hello person from the past, this board "generally" talks about the 2019 Ford Ranger, though you are very welcome to stick around and talk about Ford Rangers of yesteryear. My first Ranger was a 1995 4.0L 5 speed STX 4x4 extended cab, I held the pedal down all the way so often that I'm certain I stretched it out. :)