WTH are these guys doing?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Soooo, Guy number one on the left is fiddling with fishing poles by a river, fair enough...

But Guy #2 is disposing of body parts stored in a cooler from a flat bed trailer they backed into the river for some unknown reason, all the while any boat they may have had (on a flat bed trailer???) is nowhere to be seen.

Any ideas?

RangerQR.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soooo, Guy number one on the left is fiddling with fishing poles by a river, fair enough...

But Guy #2 is disposing of body parts stored in a cooler from a flat bed trailer they backed into the river for some unknown reason, all the while any boat they may have had (on a flat bed trailer???) is nowhere to be seen.

Any ideas?

RangerQR.jpg
So I see an inflatable boat to the side, but then why back into the river :) Also why wear waders if in a boat. I guess "The Ford Ranger is more fun when backed into a river while wearing waders in the Pacific Northwest."

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
Seriously?

These are fly fisherman. The trailer is a classic trailer for loading and unloading rafts. One does not carry these rafts, they are slid along the ground. Backing them to the edge of a water source, river, lake, pond, is the proper thing to do for these large rafts.

When they get to a "hole" a fly fisherman will exit a drift boat or raft and fish it and then get in the boat to move to a different location on a river. Thus the waders.

Check out the poles and pole holder installed on the truck (hood to roof of cab) This is how many carry their poles as there is no room for these to be carried inside a vehicle. They are a single length and at a cost of $6,000 to $20,000 a rod, the fisherman want to take special care of them.

Sorry, no mystery on here. Just one more thing to learn about the outdoors and using your new Ford Ranger to get you there to enjoy it.

b
raft+trailer+montanaboat.com+721-7604.jpg
375.jpg

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Seriously?

These are fly fisherman. The trailer is a classic trailer for loading and unloading rafts. One does not carry these rafts, they are slid along the ground. Backing them to the edge of a water source, river, lake, pond, is the proper thing to do for these large rafts.

When they get to a "hole" a fly fisherman will exit a drift boat or raft and fish it and then get in the boat to move to a different location on a river. Thus the waders.

Check out the poles and pole holder installed on the truck (hood to roof of cab) This is how many carry their poles as there is no room for these to be carried inside a vehicle. They are a single length and at a cost of $6,000 to $20,000 a rod, the fisherman want to take special care of them.

Sorry, no mystery on here. Just one more thing to learn about the outdoors and using your new Ford Ranger to get you there to enjoy it.

b
375.jpg
I learn so much here.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Darn it now I need another boat. And a Ranger to pull it. :LOL:

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Check out the poles and pole holder installed on the truck (hood to roof of cab) This is how many carry their poles as there is no room for these to be carried inside a vehicle.
I noted the rod holders when I first saw this ad back last year. Just how safe is carrying these rods in this manner? Are the suctions used on the holders that strong, or is this just for low speed travel? I thought they might be a consideration for carrying my 7-6 spinning rods (with reels removed) since I don't believe they'll fit inside the cab of a supercrew.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seriously?

b
375.jpg

I've been river fishing for steelhead and trout for 20 years (I'm not that old :) ), and I've never really seen a boat like that on a trailer like that, so it threw me for a loop. I've been fishing with waders for even longer, and had no idea that boats and waders ever co-mingled. I always figured you'd drown if you were in deep water and the boat had an issue, so I always kept to the areas I could stand in.

I guess that's probably why they didn't market it like this in Michigan :)

Still funny to me.

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
I've been river fishing for steelhead and trout for 20 years (I'm not that old :) ), and I've never really seen a boat like that on a trailer like that, so it threw me for a loop. I've been fishing with waders for even longer, and had no idea that boats and waders ever co-mingled. I always figured you'd drown if you were in deep water and the boat had an issue, so I always kept to the areas I could stand in.

I guess that's probably why they didn't market it like this in Michigan :)

Still funny to me.
Here is a typical fishing raft on the rivers out in the west and upper reaches of rivers around the country, too. You'll notice that they all have hip waders on and fly fishing. A good Google search will provide you even more examples.
small_snake_river__large.jpg

Now that you have a Ranger truck and fishing pole, I might suggest you head west and try some of the rivers out west. Just a word of caution, they move a lot faster!

All the best to you!

b

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
Seriously?

b
375.jpg
Oh, snap!

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noted the rod holders when I first saw this ad back last year. Just how safe is carrying these rods in this manner? Are the suctions used on the holders that strong, or is this just for low speed travel? I thought they might be a consideration for carrying my 7-6 spinning rods (with reels removed) since I don't believe they'll fit inside the cab of a supercrew.
They are very secure. Cameras and other high dollar items are hung off the side of race cars operating at HIGH speed and rough terrain. Just clean the surface well before attaching the suction devices.

Also, most of these people using these type of mounts up in my area of the country (Tetons & Yellowstone) spend thousands of dollars on a single pole and reel. But, then they have the clothes to match!

b

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I thought they were just really optimistic about their catch of the day

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm still pretty sure they were disposing of a body, the rest of the stuff are just methods by which to create plausible deniability.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Who uses mother in law to chum?
Sponsored