Ultimate Long Travel Expedition Ranger build

Matt t

First Name
Mstt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger crew 4x4 XL
I will start with a short introduction. My name is Matt and I operate Angry Iron Metalworks. We build custom trucks and accessories. We mostly build products for Fords. I ordered a Ranger as soon as ordering opened. I will list the mods below and try to give updates with pics.

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XL Crew cab Magnetic
Stage 1
Window tinting
2.75" Leveling Kit
285/70r17 on Black Rhino Wheels
Angry Iron bumper with VisionX lights
Warn Zeon 8s
Rock Sliders
Expedition style flatbed with Rooftop tent.

Stage 2
Ranger Raptor front fenders
Method wheels
Front suspension: Angry Iron long travel upper and lower a-arms(probably +4 per side)
ADS Coilovers with air bumps
Rear suspension: 8 leaf under axle springs with ADS bypass shocks and air bumpers
low profile roof rack
Tune and exhaust
Lots of goodies for camping.
Ranger stk.jpg
Ranger leveled.jpg
Ranger level 2.jpg
Sponsored

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
It's amazing the change a level/wheels/tires can do to overhaul the appearance.

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I will start with a short introduction. My name is Matt and I operate Angry Iron Metalworks. We build custom trucks and accessories. We mostly build products for Fords. I ordered a Ranger as soon as ordering opened. I will list the mods below and try to give updates with pics.
Ranger is looking great! And that new bumper is looking quite interesting! Will be excited to see how it looks on the truck! I went and checked out the shop you work at! you guys have some neat builds going on there too! I will interested to see of that Izuzu NPR turns out for sure! haha!

Anyways, was wondering if you had considered some air compressor and air tank mounts the Ranger yet. I personally have the compressor on my Jeep and have used it for way more things than I ever thought I would have used it for, let alone airing up tires and such which is why I bought it in the first place! Would love to see some good mounting options for a compressor on the Ranger, and a good solid mount of a quick hook up for the air chuck too, like under the spare tire lock in the back bumper? What do you think?

images.jpg

Anyways, love the Ranger and excited to see your build!

Vnersesi

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Hell ya :handsinair: been wanting to see a long travel Ranger
Can’t wait to see the build!!

Brad David

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
With the 2.75" leveling kit and the 285/70r17 tires, do you experience any rubbing or had to do any trimming for the tires to fit? Also, what brand of leveling kit is it?

Brad David

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Those are the exact tires I got. Waiting to put them on when they arrive. They look great! Is there any road noise, and did you experience a bit of a drop in performance? LOVE the look!!!!

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
when you level your ranger, what happens when you put a load (say 500 Lbs) in the bed do you go nose up?

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
In for the Long travel updates.

OP
OP

Matt t

First Name
Mstt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger crew 4x4 XL
In for the Long travel updates.
Well I fell from the ceiling of my shop and was in the hospital for a while. I am home now with alot of broken bones. I will be drawing a bunch of parts in the next few weeks. I will post some pics when I get them done.

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Well I fell from the ceiling of my shop and was in the hospital for a while. I am home now with alot of broken bones. I will be drawing a bunch of parts in the next few weeks. I will post some pics when I get them done.
Hope you have a speedy recovery dude!

Daniel Scarbrough

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER FX4 LARIAT W/ SPORT PACKAGE 501A {HOT PEPPER RED}
Sorry for the delay, we have been really busy building customer rigs. After we return home from vacation, we will start stage 2 of the build.

20190617_144338.jpg

20190617_144359.jpg

20190617_144319.jpg

20190617_144326.jpg
The bumper looks great! Wish it extended out some more on the sides to line up with extended flares.

OP
OP

Matt t

First Name
Mstt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger crew 4x4 XL
The bumper looks great! Wish it extended out some more on the sides to line up with extended flares.
The one on my truck is the prototype. The solidworks files were missing the flares. The production bumper lines up great. I will have it on my truck soon and post pics.
Sponsored