Pivot Storage Box - Ford Accessories??

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
The factory doesn't mask or remove anything. The tie-down hooks get covered screws and all.
That sucks! I had a Line-x do a bed for me in a different truck and they removed all the bolts, including the bolts holding the Bed in place and replaced them AFTER the Liner was sprayed. No removing liner material to get at the bolts anywhere in the bed!
Sponsored

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
Was that a Factory Spray? A GOOD Bed Liner installer would have taken the screws out and blocked the joles and reinstalled them AFTER the Bed Liner went on!
It’s oem Ford spray liner.
As dmeyer already mentioned the factory sprayed and covered the bed, including tie downs.

TimberWolf2018

First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, crew,
My case arrived the other day Ordered specifically for the 2019 Ranger PN SC206P
Unfortunately, they sent me one for an 2011 F150 PN SC 201P, Returned it to Amazon easy enough but I can't find a source in Canada, Even Ford can't get an answer from Undercover.
Anyone having luck getting a 2019 Ranger specific Swing Case in Canada?

RobertU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
On the Ford drop-in there does appear to be "cutouts" in a sort of Y shape near where the boxes would go, so I was hoping that maybe that was to make it possible to install them. It looks like some cutting is required for the brackets at the very least.
Wow. That install on the video looks like sh_t. If I had a drop in liner I would never want to cut it up like that and have to pop in a screw to hold in place

svogt302

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Wow. That install on the video looks like sh_t. If I had a drop in liner I would never want to cut it up like that and have to pop in a screw to hold in place
Video was for a Toyota.....
Like to see a Ranger specific one.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Some of you guys need to just go see a innovative mechanic. PS if you got a factory bed liner, so sorry, you have to scrape it off. If you got a drop in bedliner then you have to cut some off. If you have a bed rug, it is easy to install the swing out tool box. They are really nice and hold a surprising amount. :turkey:

RobertU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some of you guys need to just go see a innovative mechanic. PS if you got a factory bed liner, so sorry, you have to scrape it off. If you got a drop in bedliner then you have to cut some off. If you have a bed rug, it is easy to install the swing out tool box. They are really nice and hold a surprising amount. :turkey:
I have factory spray-in. It wasn’t a big deal to scrape off the screws and cut around the tie-downs. They do look great and are very functional.
My point about the swing case video is that the install in a drop in liner looks terrible . The floor is exposed and they popped in a screw on top to hold the liner in place.

2899CE29-7987-43B4-82D4-89C649014620.jpeg

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Video was for a Toyota.....
Like to see a Ranger specific one.
Ditto.

Contemplating taking my liner out if that’s the case.

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Anyone installed one of these with the sport liner (full bed rug with carpeted walls)? I installed the bed rug yesterday and am curious if the carpet would get in the way of hinge operation as well as latching.

Formula Indy

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have factory spray-in. It wasn’t a big deal to scrape off the screws and cut around the tie-downs. They do look great and are very functional.
My point about the swing case video is that the install in a drop in liner looks terrible . The floor is exposed and they popped in a screw on top to hold the liner in place.

2899CE29-7987-43B4-82D4-89C649014620.jpeg
I have a question, in the directions it states you need to use a "Galvanic corrosion compound" on the threads as you install the screws. I am having a hard time finding something like this. I even checked west marine but they don't sell the salt water products in Indiana. What did you use? I was thinking at this point to just use dielectric grease. Is it a mild steel and aluminum screw situation? Am I overthinking this?

RobertU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a question, in the directions it states you need to use a "Galvanic corrosion compound" on the threads as you install the screws. I am having a hard time finding something like this. I even checked west marine but they don't sell the salt water products in Indiana. What did you use? I was thinking at this point to just use dielectric grease. Is it a mild steel and aluminum screw situation? Am I overthinking this?
I picked up this product from Home Depot

45CAF1F5-6AE1-4FB7-BD76-9B0C87078813.jpeg

Stan McKinney

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger,
I have 2, one on each side. (Added a few things to it
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/slight-mod-to-the-ford-oem-swing-out-tool-boxes.2397/)
I actually converted the passenger side to hold my onboard ARB air compressor :)
The brackets it comes with seems pretty sturdy, the actual tool boxes themselves are decent size and quality.
(Although I wish the material was a bit thicker, or heavy duty)
It does help organize stuff in the bed, if that’s what you’re looking for.
PS- the cup holder feature is not useful, as anything you put on it would just slide off.

2AB3F98A-5227-45C1-9304-9E2129F98182.jpeg

972515D1-850E-42F8-8342-2356C56F2132.jpeg

A1A1E8E0-BB67-4C2F-ADBB-38426792A040.jpeg
How did you mount the fire extinguisher?
Sponsored