First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
How does it drive for everyday "normal" driving (when you're not killing giants :LOL:) ? I've never had an aftermarket tuned vehicle.
It takes the tune a few runs, basically a couple days from past experience to learn your habits and to smooth out shifts, they're a bit "stiff" at first but settle down nicely.

It takes you FOOT a couple of days to get used to the extra power and response as well. I suggest the old "drive like there is an egg between your foot and the gas peddle" until you become accustomed to the extra oomph... :)
Sponsored

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
OK the tune has been in for a couple days and I have several normal driving runs under my belt, the shifts are becoming normal, less harsh and I actually have 2nd gear without having to use select shift (if I drive extra gently off the line it will still shift 1st to 3rd BUT with just a bit of extra foot it doesn't skip 2nd, or any other gear either).
The Tune was advertised as eliminating "auto-stop," mine didn't do that. I let the Folks at Livernois know that and they corrected the omission and sent me new tunes to download. I installed the new tunes and zip a de do dah, no more "auto-stop!"

I half expected that the ECM would have to relearn my driving habits all over but that wasn't the case. Things are smoothing out nicely...

Steve63

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Black, 1970 Mustang Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Silly question but this is new to me, does the Mycalibrator always have to be attached to vehicle or only when installing tune?

DentonB

First Name
Denton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ram 4x4 Cummins), 2015 Audi A3 convertible
Silly question but this is new to me, does the Mycalibrator always have to be attached to vehicle or only when installing tune?
No it does not.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Just during the upload of the new tune. I store mine in the center counsel but it doesn't have to be any where near the vehicle after the tune. As an aside, you should plug your tuner into your PC for periodic updates from LMS. Updates usually are updates to the tuner software to keep it current for tune changes to your vehicle if called for, not necessarily tune updates.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
A quick update for anyone interested: Tune has been installed for just over 2 weeks and it is in my opinion "AWESOME AS HELL!" Mileage is running a combined 22.3 per the computer and seems to be picking up a bit every day. I have not reset the computers mileage calculations since the day I drove off the lot with 50+ miles indicated and at almost 1700 miles traveled I am pleased. I haven't really traveled further than approx. 70 mile round trip so far but average speed per the computer is 32 mph which surprises me somewhat but is believable, I have been up to a bit over 80 on a short interstate jaunt and plenty of 50ish travel as well but I do a ton of "suburban/city driving and I guess that's keeping the speed average down.
Shifts have smoothed out nicely but with just a "bit" of foot they will snap your neck, I can dig it...:)
I will try to update every couple of weeks to month for a short time.
And finally, this is THE Tune to consider! Great company with Great customer service and a FABULIOUS TUNE! :)

Dan Ordoins

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
A quick update for anyone interested: Tune has been installed for just over 2 weeks and it is in my opinion "AWESOME AS HELL!" Mileage is running a combined 22.3 per the computer and seems to be picking up a bit every day. I have not reset the computers mileage calculations since the day I drove off the lot with 50+ miles indicated and at almost 1700 miles traveled I am pleased. I haven't really traveled further than approx. 70 mile round trip so far but average speed per the computer is 32 mph which surprises me somewhat but is believable, I have been up to a bit over 80 on a short interstate jaunt and plenty of 50ish travel as well but I do a ton of "suburban/city driving and I guess that's keeping the speed average down.
Shifts have smoothed out nicely but with just a "bit" of foot they will snap your neck, I can dig it...:)
I will try to update every couple of weeks to month for a short time.
And finally, this is THE Tune to consider! Great company with Great customer service and a FABULIOUS TUNE! :)
following.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Very Quick Up Date: Every Saturday I go out to a shooting club, basically 100 mile round trip most of which is non-interstate highway. Speeds once I clear downtown Savannah are in the 55 to 65 MPH range. Set trip 2 to zero as I left my driveway; 98.6 miles later 26.1 indicated for the trip.
I am impressed...

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
@Livernois Motorsports

I live in WA, where 93 can be hard to come by. Generally, 92 is considered “Premium” here.

How would this tune run with 92?

Would 1 point off the octane level really impact much?

Would I just run it with the 93 tune?

Do you guys plan on working up something for 92?

Any ETA for the tire size alteration feature? I’d love to compensate my speedo for the extra 2 inches of tire I’ve added.

Sorry for the question barrage. Appreciate any info.

Last edited:

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
@Livernois Motorsports

I live in WA, where 93 can be hard to come by. Generally, 92 is considered “Premium” here.

How would this tune run with 92?

Would 1 point off the octane level really impact much?

Would I just run it with the 93 tune?

Do you guys plan on working up something for 92?

Any ETA for the tire size alteration feature? I’d love to compensate my speedo for the extra 2 inches of tire I’ve added.

Sorry for the question barrage. Appreciate any info.
The tune I have installed is listed as 91 - 93 octane, so I would suspect you would be fine. BUT, just give the guys at LIVERNOIS a call and they'll give you the straight scoop. I have "pestered" them with questions several times and they are ALWAYS cordial and helpful. (313) 561-5500

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Sub'd is short for subscribed, same as following thread.

How does this tune compare to 5 Star?
Sponsored