Not open for further replies.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Think about people like me. I have a 12 year old son who I tell to go out and put something in or take something out of the bed of my truck.

How natural is the motion for a 12 year old that's 4'11" tall or how natural is that for my 5'2" wife? And besides, my child doesn't listen, he's going to let it fall, my wife doesn't listen nor care either lol.
Weird, my 9yo manages fine.
Sponsored

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, Lightning Blue, 302a, Technology Package, Sport Appearance Package, Bed liner, Tow package
Occupation
Control Systems Engineer
Weird, my 9yo manages fine.
My 12 year old manages fine too, and letting the tailgate down by itself without a damper isn't really going to hurt it. But I like the fact that in the cases where it happens it could save on wear and tear, and it's a quality of life thing.

Is this a needed component on any pickup truck at all? Nope
Is this a wanted component on a pickup truck? Yep - or there wouldn't be such a large market for it.

If you don't want it, cool, don't buy it. But there is no reason to come on here and start trying to force your opinion on other people.

I have absolutely no issue spending money on something I want, even if I don't really need it. I worked hard to be able to do so, and enjoy the fact that now I can.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
My 12 year old manages fine too, and letting the tailgate down by itself without a damper isn't really going to hurt it. But I like the fact that in the cases where it happens it could save on wear and tear, and it's a quality of life thing.

Is this a needed component on any pickup truck at all? Nope
Is this a wanted component on a pickup truck? Yep - or there wouldn't be such a large market for it.

If you don't want it, cool, don't buy it. But there is no reason to come on here and start trying to force your opinion on other people.

I have absolutely no issue spending money on something I want, even if I don't really need it. I worked hard to be able to do so, and enjoy the fact that now I can.
I have no problem with someone buying a toy that they want, but you're the one who brought "think of the children!" into it. :)

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
To change the subject....Does anyone know why the overseas dampers will not work on “our” trucks?...strangely they mount on the RIGHT side of tailgate...here in the US, these dampers are supposed mount on the LEFT side.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
To change the subject....Does anyone know why the overseas dampers will not work on “our” trucks?...strangely they mount on the RIGHT side of tailgate...here in the US, these dampers are supposed mount on the LEFT side.
No, I verified a few months ago the setup is very different.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Well this should fit for those of you who absolutely need this feature. I cant think of any reason it wouldn't.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-TAIL-...FORD-RANGER-MY2019-PX3-MK3-2018-/151556901705
So tempting! Mine is a Lease and if I knew I'd be buying it at the end of the Lease I'd get this and try to install it. But just in case I turn it in, I don't want to do something that may cost me for modifying it. Unless there is NO Drilling involved. Someone else PLEASE buy one and install it so we ALL Know!

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
So tempting! Mine is a Lease and if I knew I'd be buying it at the end of the Lease I'd get this and try to install it. But just in case I turn it in, I don't want to do something that may cost me for modifying it. Unless there is NO Drilling involved. Someone else PLEASE buy one and install it so we ALL Know!
No, I verified a few months ago the setup is very different.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Meh, it might fit if you're brave enough.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Meh, it might fit if you're brave enough.
$95 is a little steep for this feature. $30 or $40 is one thing, but $95? That is just too much for me for a feature that is more of a novelty than something really required. My excitement for this feature has really almost evaporated at this point. I cancelled my carid order and got my refund this morning.

If @PandaMotorworks ever gets their damper done, and it ends up being $30 shipped, I might do that, but otherwise, I will probably leave the tailgate as is. It really is very light.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Again, I already had an overseas on and they will not fit. The bed/tailgate is completely different down to the hinges.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Again, I already had an overseas on and they will not fit. The bed/tailgate is completely different down to the hinges.
I can say I read that months ago, still tried it and I agree - It definitely doesn't fit, good thing Amazon Prime refunded my money though

OP
OP
PandaMotorworks

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
sorry for the delay guys my email isnt telling me i have unread threads!

We are working on this. manufacturing the final brackets is taking longer then expected. we are still shooting for the price point!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.