OP

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
As long as everyone knows I was not trying to badmouth their rangers! I know choice is king and everyone has their own opinions on options. If I was still driving a lot I would probably get an XL. And I would still love it!

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I scored this for a rental in Atlanta. Having a familiar vehicle sure does go a long way in making you feel confident in unfamiliar traffic. I’ve had a lot of crapboxes so it’s nice to get something good for a change. This one is actually pretty close to mine, only missing 501a and diff lock as far as I can tell.

17B2D667-EC2B-4A40-AA10-50F7511DA23B.jpeg

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
i actually like getting different vehicles than what I own as rentals for my work.
it's like extended test drives and then I can have an opinion on them.
Its generally how I have sworn off Dodge trucks and cars as well as given kudos to Hyundai for their effort.

I'd be saddened to see a vehicle i currently drive waiting for me as a loaner.
I want fresh iron to thrash.
I agree with you usually. I would like to get a Colorado to evaluate, not that I would ever cross shop but just for fun. But when what I usually get is Hyundais and Caravans....eh just give me the Ranger.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
As long as everyone knows I was not trying to badmouth their rangers! I know choice is king and everyone has their own opinions on options. If I was still driving a lot I would probably get an XL. And I would still love it!
I'm with you Steven - an XL on order is plenty good for me and I actually love the steelies. My 1972 FJ40 has steel rims, they're all bent up but still work fine. Even busted the front leaf springs jumping the thing and the rims keep rolling (a little wobbly, just like me, it sucks getting old!). =D

But, like many have said, that's one thing making the Ranger so nice—you can get it the way you want (bah, except for the latest strut-delete fiasco!).
Sponsored