Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I was a bit surprised about the lack of garage door opener. The power seats were a bit odd too with only half the seat being power.
Sponsored

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
EDIT: Lol, for some reason I thought this was a recent post :)

Now with the Jeep Gladiator at 7650 towing and the Coloranyon 7700 towing I would have liked to see the Ranger hit 8000. Durango SRT hits 8500 with similar dimensions albeit a pretty special package.

I’d also like to see a true luxury trim option. The interior of the new Ram 1500 with the 12” screen for example. Panoramic roof and full sliding rear window would help compete against the Gladiator. Ranger Raptor obviously. 2.7L EcoBoost. Mild hybrid system perhaps.

Ranger is going to be an excellent all-around truck but it is definitely going to have true competition in the space. I think it could have differentiated itself as the most refined, most capable, on-road vehicle and it still might. With the TRD, Bison and Rubicon it’s going to have a hard time being a superlative in the off-road space without extensive mods or Raptor.
You should see the Gladiator towing on youtube. It's pretty embarrassing actually, there isn't even a tow/haul mode, so the engine spends almost the entire time at red line in both the acceleration and deceleration tests... You might get away with the rated weight if you are towing a boat from storage to the marina once or twice a year. The 7700 is for the Duramax which gets beat by the gas V6 on the same exact towing test they did for the Gladiator (different weights of course).

Now the guys at TFLTruck are not the most consistent, so each towing test can't be compared to each other accurately, but even the gladiator by its self shouldn't tow 7000+ for more than a few miles anywhere, ever.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I first configured mine without the 301A package and was able to add the rear sliding glass...after adding 301A, the only way to add this option was to go to Lariat for another $2000:headbang:

Puddle lights should be a freebe on XLT:explode:

LED headlamps should be an option on XLT:angry: Our new facelifted Mack Anthem has full LED, inside and out on every model including base! Halogen lamps are so 70s...

Every Ford accessory parts should be configurable during build...not after:facepalm:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I kinda feel that is the "It should have X feature for Y dollars" and this is the "WTF my 2003 Ford Focus had X" thread.

I first configured mine without the 301A package and was able to add the rear sliding glass...after adding 301A, the only way to add this option was to go to Lariat for another $2000:headbang:
I have the sliding glass on a 301a or 302a (I don't recall which) I don't think that was a feature they held hostage.

foulmouf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab STX Fx4
I was surprised that the Fx4 didn't include mudflaps. I had the dealer throw them in for free.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I was surprised about that option as well (Though I knew it wasn't included). How about a light on the sun visor? Either way, you can buy the garage door visor for like 95$ and install it yourself. Legend says the wires are above the headliner and it plugs right in.

Also wondering why there weren't automatic up/down windows factory (all four windows). My Focus had them...

Power rear sliding window? Now I'm at the mercy of my children, and it gets left open all the time :)

That's about all I was expecting to see on a $40K truck and didn't.
They're using the dated platform which has no door modules. It would have driven the price up even more to redesign the entire harness, modules, etc and integrate it just to add them. Once the new model comes out it should have the auto windows all the way around.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
PLEASANTLY surprised at no moon roof on the Lariat..Hate them and the possibility of leaks due to plugged drain tubes.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Lots of surprises! The biggest surprise has been the complete lack of content information on the part of Marketing.
I have never had so many questions left unanswered.
At least a dozen real questions on content and package content which no one was able to answer.
Not only unanswered questions but many wrong answers as well.
The marketing introduction of this vehicle has left the buyer uninformed, misinformed, even disinformed.
Fortunately manufacturing has turned out the best product of its kind on the market.
Kudos to Ranger5G for providing a service which found most answers in time to avoid most surprises.

Last edited:

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2013 Ford Explorer, 1977 BMW R100/7
I have a Lariat, but yeah, not including something as simple as garage remote buttons on an XLT makes me scratch my head. Still doesn't make me scratch my head as much as Ford not including the larger 3.0 V6 EB engine as an option on the Limited trim level of the new 2020 Explorer. You have to get the Sport or Platinum, or else you're stuck with the 2.3 I4 EB.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Also wondering why there weren't automatic up/down windows factory (all four windows). My Focus had them...

Power rear sliding window? Now I'm at the mercy of my children, and it gets left open all the time :)
Great Points. In all four Fords I bought since 2014, I also had MyColor choice in The dash and puddle lamps that is not included in the Ranger. I laughed at your comment on the manual rear window opening. On the very first night the truck spent at my house, the rear window was left open due to the kids (22 year old) playing with it and left it open.

This topic has been beat to death...
Really?!? Give the new guy a break. I searched for garage door buttons and did not get a hit. At the last minute, I thought there might be more things missing people thought should be included and opened my question up a bit. I do not flame new people on mustamg6g for reopening a topic. An older question is new, and important to someone. These forums are fantastic. So much knowledge available and people willing to share what they know. These forums definetly are one place you can trust the internet. Even if the same info is in multiple chains. Peace

Puddle lights should be a freebe on XLT:explode: LED headlamps should be an option on XLT:angry: Our new facelifted Mack Anthem has full LED, inside and out on every model including base! Halogen lamps are so 70s...
Every Ford accessory parts should be configurable during build...not after:facepalm:
For $40K, I think LED should be included too. I bought the truck to be my daily driver. I want all the modern tech I can get. I was surprised the running lights had no signature marking like every other new truck on the road today.

They're using the dated platform which has no door modules. It would have driven the price up even more to redesign the entire harness, modules, etc and integrate it just to add them. Once the new model comes out it should have the auto windows all the way around.
Can you share your source of information that gives you your perspective on platform? If what you say is true, I feel taken advantage of somewhat. I thought the Ranger was a new design and build. I did not research this nearly as much as the new Mustang redesign in 2015.

Lots of surprises! The biggest surprise has been the complete lack of content information on the part of Marketing. I have never had so many questions left unanswered.
At least a dozen real questions on content and package content which no one was able to answer. No only unanswered questions but many wrong answers as well. The marketing introduction of this vehicle has left the buyer uninformed, misinformed, even disinformed. Fortunately manufacturing has turned out the best product of its kind on the market.
Kudos to Ranger5G for providing a service which found most answers in time to avoid most surprises.
I agree wholeheartedly. Thank you Ranger5g and Mustang6g! These forums really provide a great service.

It is eye opening to what Ford left on the design room floor. Keep in mind I very recently had to pay my Ford dealer $1,100 to replace the A/C condenser in my 2016 mustang. All the Mustang A/C units are failing and will need to be replaced with a redesigned part. Their is a service ticket ford published on the problem and how to fix it. Just no recall as it is not a safety issue. I do get that. but.... you have to remove the dash, seats and steering column to access the A/C units in the Mustangs. The owners are paying a steep price right now.

This is a Ranger Forum I do understand that. The A/C story,emphasis’s my mood about Ford at this moment. Not terribly pleased with customer satisfaction. Especially after discovering. What was left out of the basic Ranger build.

Last edited:

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
You know this is the platform that's been international since 2012, right? They changed some things up for the u.s. market. They already said a whole new redesign is coming around 2022.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Rich;
I am fully satisfied with the content on my 2WD STX.
I am disappointed with the lack of information provided by Ford to prospective buyers.
Informed decisions are always better decisions.

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Really?!? Give the new guy a break. I searched for garage door buttons and did not get a hit. At the last minute, I thought there might be more things missing people thought should be included and opened my question up a bit. I do not flame new people on mustamg6g for reopening a topic. An older question is new, and important to someone. These forums are fantastic. So much knowledge available and people willing to share what they know. These forums definetly are one place you can trust the internet. Even if the same info is in multiple chains. Peace
Sorry, didn't mean to offend. was just pointing to a similar thread with 18 pages of posts. Thought my description of that was appropriate. Again didn't intend to offend you! Enjoy your truck.
Sponsored

Last edited: